Chapter XXVI

Hey everyone! You may have noticed something different with this book. I did change the title from The Princess's Alchemist to The Alchemist's Redemption. I felt that with the next book in the series, it was a better fitting title to the book!

Enjoy the chapter!

☀️

Everyone's attention was spurred by a groan coming from the oldest princess.

"Rapunzel?" Eugene looked hopeful, having not left her side since he got to the tavern. "Rapunzel? Blondie..."

Rapunzel's eyes fluttered open and everyone's mood seemed to brighten.

"Wha-what's going on?" Rapunzel asked weakly as her strength gradually returned to her and she started to sit up.

"Thank goodness you're okay," Eugene said as he hugged her tight.

Realization slapped Rapunzel and her eyes widened before she looked up at Eugene. "What happened to Cassandra?"

"Aw, sunshine... I don't know if you should be-"

Rapunzel didn't let Eugene finish as she ran out of the pub. She went to the clearing to look at the island the kingdom of Corona was sat upon.

"No!" Rapunzel brought her hands up to her mouth.

Rocks littered the entire kingdom. They were large and scary, covering the island. Black rocks protruded out of the sea, reaching the mainland as well.

Rapunzel couldn't help her heart aching at what she was seeing. "I don't believe it..."

Everyone came up behind and Aqua held onto Varian's arm as she looked at her home in ruins.

She had no idea how they were suppose to fix it.

🧪

Varian stood by the fireplace and read a book, trying to figure out something, anything, to help them win this war.

He glanced down to see Aquaria grooming Ruddiger gently.

"Okay. Spirits are at an all time low. Think. What would Rapunzel do?" Eugene thought allowed and Ruddiger climbed off of Aqua's lap.

The raccoon stood on his hind legs and shrugged at Eugene.

"Oo! Got it!" Eugene got an idea. "Hey! Haven't any of you had problem you just couldn't solve? One we could sing about. Preferably a bouncy tune that makes you forget how bad..." He picked Ruddiger up and bounced him around a little.

Everyone at the tables just looked away from Eugene, almost cringing at how awful it was.

"Everything- oh come on!" Eugene let Ruddiger climb onto his shoulders. "We can't just give up!"

"Yeah! If Eugene can lose an entire kingdom in humiliating defeat and still hold his head up," Lance started before he blew out the fire on his marshmallow that he burned. "Then so can we."

"That's right!" Edmund spoke up. "I'm sure our captain has a plan to victory." He laughed before looking to the side. "Poor sap has no idea how doomed we are. Doomed, I tell you. Hold it together, Edmund." The dark king took a deep breath. "I believe in you, son."

"Thank you for the support, dad..." Eugene replied with his arms crossed over his chest. "Now, come on. There's gotta be a way out of this."