Chapter XIV

"Well? What can you see?" Rapunzel asked from the ground as they stood on each other's shoulders to have Catalina look through the gem.

"Um... it looks like we're moving," Catalina said as she peered through the jewel.

"Wh-where is Max taking us?" Varian asked from on top of Rapunzel's shoulders.

"Ugh. Max isn't the one carrying us. Dwayne is," Catalina said with distaste.

"Hey! Catalina, do you think you could push that jewel out of its setting?" Rapunzel asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah. Good idea, good- if you can, you might be able to-to squeeze through that opening!" Varian struggled to hold the weight of Aquaria, Angry, and Catalina all at the same time.

"I'll give it a try!" Catalina started to push on the jewel. "It's in their pretty good!"

She kept trying to force the jewel out of it's place.

"Almost... got it!" Catalina got the jewel to pop up.

"Great job, Catalina! Can you fit?" Rapunzel asked from the base of the human tower.

"I'll try!" Catalina called down to her before slipping her fingers through the jewel. She pulled them back in when she saw that her fingers were normal size outside of the pendant.

"Woah! Guys! Going down!" Rapunzel warned as she gave out and they all toppled over.

Aquaria yelped as she fell into some pillows. She looked up to see Varian tangled in a banner before he fell on his head.

She went to his side and he saw a plaque on the floor.

"Guys, look! Wow... this- it appears to be some sort of ancient chirography," Varian said and they all came over to look at it. "Yeah, Mionotion perhaps? No, no... maybe early Saporian?"

"Uh, Var, you're looking at it upside down," Aquaria pointed out.

"She's right," Rapunzel said before walking around to read it properly.

"Oh, right, 'course..." Varian said with a bit of embarrassment.

Aqua smiled and pecked his lips making Angry exaggerate a gag.

"'You are now prisoner of the shell. To escape its curse, you must return it to the briny deep of the sea, or remain inside of it evermore,'" Rapunzel read the plaque.

"Uh, how can we return the shell to the sea when we're stuck inside if it? Plus, the princess that would probably be able to get us to the sea is currently without magic!" Catalina pointed out.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again... WE'RE DOOMED!" Angry cried out dramatically.

"Hey! Don't forget, doom upside down is woop! And while you think about that, think about this," Rapunzel started before standing up straight. "Our friends are still out there. Max is the best tracker in Corona! And he's probably on Dwayne's tail as we speak!"

"And Pascal is really, really smart," Catalina added.

"Plus, Ruddiger can be surprisingly resourceful," Varian said as he jumped up onto a ledge. Aquaria nodded and smiled.