Chapter IX

Disclaimer: I do not own Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra! I did change a few lyrics as well! Enjoy the chapter!

💧

Aquaria hugged Anna and Elsa tight as they stood on the docks.

"We're gonna miss you so much!" Anna smiled brightly at Aqua.

"I'm gonna miss you both too. It was so much fun to spend a year with you guys," Aquaria said with a bright smile.

"Have fun, Aqua. We will be in contact," Elsa assured and Aqua nodded before hugging Olaf and Sven.

"I'll miss you guys too. Keep working on learning to read, Olaf. Sven, keep begging Kristoff for carrots." Aquaria giggled before hugging Kristoff.

"Be safe, Squirt. We'll see you soon. If Varian tries anything, you let me know." Kristoff ruffled her hair.

"I'll make sure to tell you right away, Kris. Bye everyone!" Aqua waved before getting on the ship.

When the ship pulled away from the dock, Aqua kept waving until she couldn't see her friends anymore.

She turned around and went to find Varian who was playing with Ruddiger. She sat beside him on the bed and smiled only slightly.

"I'm excited to go back home," Aqua said quietly as she looked at Varian nervously.

"It's uh... kinda a mess... especially the throne room..." Varian rubbed the back of his neck.

Aqua hummed and stroked Ruddiger's fur. There was tension between them and Aqua hated it, but she was almost afraid to say anything.

"As long as everyone is safe..." Aqua said after a moment. She glanced towards him, seeing the drawing in his pocket and gently pulled it out, looking at the drawing in shock. "I thought you destroyed this..."

"I was going to but... I couldn't... it's special to me..." Varian said as he looked at the drawing.

Aqua looked at her hands. She was so happy that she had Varian back, but she kept thinking about what he had said to her before.

"Aqua?" Varian looked her with a frown and she immediately started to cry which made him feel awful. "I'm so sorry... you shouldn't have forgiven me... what I did is unforgivable..."

"No... I forgive you... it's just... you told me you hate me and I... it was my fault... I just can't forget it..." Aquaria said and Varian frowned.

Ruddiger squeaked sadly as he ran up onto Aquaria's shoulder's to comfort her.

"Little do you know how I'm breaking while you fall asleep. Little do you know, I'm still haunted by the memories," Aqua started singing and Varian couldn't help but melt as soon as he heard her voice.

"Little do you know, I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece. Little do you know, I need a little more time," Aqua sang softly and Varian got up, standing in front of her as he grabbed her hands in his gently.

"Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside. I was holding back, hoping that you might change your mind. I'm ready to forgive you, but forgetting is a harder fight. Little do you know, I need a little more time." Aqua looked up into his eyes as she sang.

"I'll wait, I'll wait. I love you like you've never felt the pain, I'll wait. I promise, you don't have to be afraid, I'll wait. The love is here, and here to stay. So lay your head on me," Varian sang back to her as he caressed her cheek gently.

"Little do you know, I know you're hurt while I'm sound asleep. Little do you know all my mistakes are slowly drowning me." Varian felt his heart breaking as he thought about all the awful things he said to her. "Little do you know, I'm trying to make it better piece by piece. Little do you know, I, I love you 'til the sun dies."