Chapter XI

Varian found Aquaria after they all got back and he kissed her cheek.

"So, how about a date later? Maybe a picnic? Hot air balloon ride?" Varian suggested as he hugged her from behind.

"Hmm, that all sounds wonderful, but what if we go to your lab and work on a project?" Aqua asked and he hummed.

"Well... my lab is still a mess from... you know..." Varian looked down.

"So that'll be our project. We can rebuild your lab and then I'll stay the night, okay?" Aqua turned in his arms and smiled up at him.

"I like that idea." He kissed her forehead and then her lips.

Eugene walked over and grinned at the two.

"What are you two lovebirds up to?" He asked as he put a hand on his hip.

"Making plans for later," Aqua said as she rested her head on Varian's shirt.

"What are these plans?" Eugene asked curiously.

"We're gonna rebuild our lab and then have a sleepover," Varian said with a smile.

"Well, just make sure you're responsible," Eugene teased and ther both turned into tomatoes.

"Eugene!" They shouted at the same time.

He just laughed and walked back over to Rapunzel.

"I wouldn't- I don't- I'm not gonna-" Varian rubbed the back of his neck and Aquaria laughed a little, her cheeks still glowing.

"I know, Varian." She kissed his cheek before she walked over to her sister and Eugene with Varian.

It was gonna be a fun night.

💧

Aquaria laughed as she nailed together a beam on the roof of the lab.

"What's so funny?" Varian asked as he looked up at her.

"Oh nothing, just remembering how we had to rebuild your lab almost two years ago and now we are doing it all over again," Aqua said.

"Heh, that was my fault. I wanted you to be impressed," Varian said as Aquaria jumped down from the rafters.

"Trust me, I was plenty impressed," she assured as she pecked his lips before grabbing a broom.

"I'm glad. I was such a fool." Varian rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"You were my fool," Aqua corrected and he chuckled.

"I still am," he admitted.

"Got that right, freckles," she said as she cleaned up the floor of the lab.

Once it was mostly clean, Aquaria hummed with a smile.

"Should we call it a night and continue tomorrow?" She asked and Varian nodded.

"Yeah, I'm exhausted," he said to her as he walked over to her.

"Then let's go." Aquaria walked out with him and they went to his house.

Once they were both in their pajamas and ready for bed, Aquaria snuggled under the covers with Varian.

She rested her head on his chest and breathed deeply. She had missed this so much.