Chapter III

Aquaria was painting a picture of Ruddiger when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Aqua called and Anna poked her head in.

"Are you hungry? Lunch is ready," Anna said and Aqua hummed.

"Alright! I'll be out in a minute. I'm almost done," she replied but Anna walked over to see what she was painting.

"Oh, that's Rud- what was, oh, Rutabaga, right?"

"No," Aquaria said with a little giggle, a smile crossing her lips. "His name is Ruddiger."

"Never thought anyone would be friends with a raccoon," Anna remarked with a little laugh.

"You're friends with a reindeer," Aqua pointed out with a grin.

"Touché," Anna said as Aqua finished her painting. "I wanna meet Ruddiger one day."

Aquaria giggled and nodded. "Alright! Now I'm ready for lunch!"

"Come on!" Anna ran with her to the dining hall.

🧪

Varian listened as Andrew explained the plan.

"So this wand will make the king and queen forget everything?" Varian questioned.

"Yes," Andrew answered before continuing, "that's when we can take advantage of them and they'll give out our orders."

"But why stop there? What if we make the whole kingdom forget? Then we'll be able to rule without anyone going against us," Varian said to which Andrew hummed in thought.

"The wand won't have enough power to erase the whole kingdom's memory."

"But that's why you have an alchemist on your side," Varian reminded making Andrew raise an eyebrow.

"You can make everyone in Corona forget everything?" Andrew questioned.

"Well, not yet. However, if I were able to get to my lab, I'm positive that I could create a compound that would erase the memories of all the citizens of Corona." Varian nodded.

"Even your little princess?"

"No. I want her to remember everything so she understands that it's her fault that her kingdom fell. I want her to watch," Varian sneered.

Deep down he really just didn't want her to forget all the time they had spent together. Even though he blamed her, he was still in love with her. He hated that she was always on his mind and that he felt empty without her.

Ruddiger chittered quietly in the corner before he darted out of the cell.

Varian gasped and ran to the cell door. "Ruddiger?!"

The little raccoon scampered out of the dungeon and the guards chased him.

"Stop that raccoon!" One guard shouted and they chased Ruddiger through the palace.

Arianna was walking through the halls of the palace with Frederic when she saw Ruddiger dashing passed her, followed by a group of guards.

"Gentlemen, stand down. I'll handle this," the queen said.

"But-"