Red fever -Kiribaku Sickfic pt.2

Not my art! This is a little shorter, but there will be a part 3 coming out in not long! Hope you like it!

Sickie: Kirishima
Caretaker: Bakugo

This has some mentions of anxiety
_______________________

Hours ticked by slowly. Kirishima was moving too much in his sleep to allow Bakugo to join him in dreamland, but he didn't mind it all too much. In reality, the blonde boy didn't think he'd be able to sleep so early on the day anyways. 

He had such a strict sleep routine set up for himself, he hardly ever let it get ruined by naps during the day. Besides, the only time he would need an extra nap was only if he was sick of awfully sleep-deprived from the night before (which was something that quickly occured if he was forced to be up past 10pm).

He smoothed his hand across his boyfriends bloated stomach, up his chest and carefully pulling his sweaty shirt away from his skin. He cringed at the way it peeled off the clammy dermis, his brain swimming with concern as the medicine hadn't seemed to lower his temperature yet. In fact, he was only beginning to feel hotter by each minute that passed, and after throwing the blankets off, Bakugo was left with no idea how to proceed.

Ever since he and Kirishima started dating- hell, ever since they met, Bakugo had never once seen him ill. It was to be expected that it would come up at some point, but he hadn't expected it to be so.. bad. Maybe a light cold, a small case of food poisoning. This was far worse than that, he knew it was. The flu was the most probable, yet the blonde boy was far from a health professional, so how could he know?

The red haired boys body was radiating heat, and the warmth had diffused under the covers to the point where Bakugo had to get them both out of there.
He had promptly pushed the duvets off the bed to allow them more space, propping his head up in the palm of his hand as he allowed himself to calmly observe his boyfriend.

The other had turned to face him in his sleep, mouth hanging slightly agape as his breaths came out in soft, slightly constricted snuffles. Usually when Kirishima was asleep, he lay as still as a brick. The only movement was the steady rise and fall of his chest, but this time it was remarkably different. For one, his breathing was ragged, heavy and there was a distinct wheeze whenever he sucked in a breath.

His body was convulsing with tremors every now and again and his eyebrows were creased together, creating a tension in his expression that didn't seem to vanish even with how many gentle touches Bakugo was offering him. His face was fresh as a dew drop, even with the fierce pigment the fever displayed on his pale skin.
Yet he seemed almost distressed, as if he was stuck in a taxing dream..

Bakugo tentatively stroked his fingers across the others blooming cheek, gazing at him through his eyelashes with a scowl prominent of his lips. He had never felt such genuine care for someone before, such an authentic wish to bring another person joy and security in their life.

Watching his usually energetic boyfriend so broken down by illness made his heart feel constricted in a way he hadn't experienced before. It physically hurt.
He had never before met anyone who accepted and he understood him the way Kirishima did, ignoring his temper tantrums and holding him back by the collar whenever he got too worked up.

To put it simply, they were a perfect match- they evened out one another. Their bond was growing stronger by the day, he felt attached to him by his heart and soul.

Bakugo snapped out of his interfering thoughts as the sick boy gave a whimper, eyebrows twitching and his hands moving to gently grab out towards him. Was he having a nightmare?