Migraines- momojirou sickfic

In this fic Jirou is struck by a migraine attack during training camp. Her quirk makes the pain unbearable, but Yaoyorozu is always there with a plan in mind.
Sickie: Jirou
Caretaker: Yaoyorozu
_______________________

Anyone who's ever experienced having a migraine knows perfectly well what a pain it is. Throbbing, piercing, and undeniable pain all the way from behind the eyes to around the crown of the head. It feels never ending, even when you've experienced it more times than youve experienced anything else.

Having a noise-enhancing quirk could be a positive and the quirk itself carries along a fair amount of benefits when it came to detective-like hero work. However, as much as it could be praised, it was often an obstacle in her everyday life.
She'd been suffering migraines ever since she first developed her quirk, and the headaches had only advanced and become worse during the years.

When migraine first struck Jirou, it made her it's indefinite prisoner.
She was blinded by the softest of lights and even the quietest mosquito could sound like a truck bashing through her head. She needed to be alone, dug away far from anyone. During the heaviest attacks she craved nothing but darkness and calamity, but that was usually hard to accomplish, especially due to her damned quirk.

Every noise seemed to be picked up by her earphone jacks, even when she desperately wished for them not to. The more she prayed for them to stop, the more intensely they seemed to search out noises rather than drown them out.
It was far beyond infuriating. Not only when your quirk disobeyed you, but when it strictly performed to the opposite of what you wanted it to.

One place Jirou did not want to have a migraine attack was at a training camp with her class. Far away from the comfort of her bed, surrounded by loudmouthed idiots and with little to no chance of escaping, it was as far from a suitable situation as it could be.

Of course that was when it decided to hit at its worst.

The bright sunlight had sprinkled through the branches of the trees, and even from the very start of the trip each streak had burrowed itself into her mind. The dazzling lights were only feeding the headache, allowing it to spread its wings and erupt out into an all-consuming migraine.
She became utterly focused on her steps early on, making sure that her feet were perfectly aligned as she trotted through the terrain. If she kept herself going for a few hours longer, she may just be able to get through the activities before she strides over her own limit.

Keep your breathing steady, your mind preoccupied with the brainless motions.

No strain, no pain, right? Wrong. That's not how it works when it comes to migraines.

Although the purple haired girl could successfully ignore the dulled pain for some time, when it truly blossomed it was no longer possible to freeze it out.

Her expectations of toughing it out until the end didn't seem to pull through. The first activity went by fairly well, but as the obstacles got sturdier and the tasks harder, she lost the battle.
The pressure behind her eyes was threatening to pop them out of their eye sockets, and as she was concentrating on keeping her balance during a combat session, spots of black steadily trickled into her vision.

She'd passed out right then and there, a sheer consequence of allowing her body to be pushed past its loud and clear warnings. Suddenly her body had shut off, sending her falling to the ground and striking her classmates with sheer panic as they were bound to watch the usually monotone and strong-witted girl collapse.

The world had been swirling with blacks and whites the whole way down, and unfortunate as she was, she managed to knock her forehead against a stone during her downfall. That's something for easing her headache, for sure...

She'd been nestled away by the teachers after Aizawa had hastily done a scan of her condition, and at last she was resting inside Momos ginormous tent while the others continued their camp-like activities.

Not like being shooed into a tent helped her a whole lot; she could still hear Denki and Bakugo with their overly loud voices, and the constant chatter that rung through the groups never ceased to an end.

Now that she was awake again, she couldn't seem to fall asleep. Oh god, what she would give to lose her consciousness just one more time.. not just to escape the pain, but to escape the awareness of her dwindling dignity as she laid sprawled out in a tent.

Her head was resting easily in Momos lap, supported and held up by her robust thighs. Kyoka couldn't help but think her legs were better than the finest pillow she'd ever tried out before, but that didn't succeed in drowning out the discomfort.

"... It feels like someone's trying to explode my brain.." the girl whimpered pitifully, no longer caring about her nobility being lost. There wasn't much left anyhow; and this was Yaoyorozu they were talking about.
If there was one person she'd trust not to judge her or think less of her after this experience, it was her.

Momo carefully ran her fingers through Kyokas damp hair, ever so  gently scratching her scalp in an attempt to soothe the horrible headache her friend was experiencing.
"I'm sorry you have to go through this" she whispered softly, not wishing to prolong the symptoms or aggregate them further. She hadn't said anything the last 30 minutes, but she was unable to contain herself when Jirou was the one to first speak up.

The raven haired girl thought for a moment, watching Jirou scrunch and pinch her facial muscles together in anguish as Bakugo shouted at Deku outside. She had to do something to help, anything.. but what?

Momo chewed at the inside of her cheek, eyes scanning the dimmed tent to the best of their ability.
"Hey.. do you think having earmuffs on your.. on your ear jacks would help?"

The silence fell again, and both the girls seemed to brew and contemplate the idea for a long while. Eventually, Jirou opened her mouth to respond, eyes still shut tight. What did she have to lose?

"Uh... maybe?"

That's all Yaoyorozu needed to hear. With a quick search on google, she was soon ready to create a pair of ear muffs for the other girl. "Keep your eyes shut" she demanded kindly, not wishing for the light to worsen the girls headache. And Kyoka listened with no objection, she wasn't planning on opening them any time soon anyways.

Momos hands started gleaming with a bright fluorescence, and soon a pair of ear muffs could be pulled out. The construction was a little different than the ones you'd find in the store, since Momo had decided to put her own twist on them so they easier fit onto the ear jacks. She made them hollow similarly to a coffee cup, so that the ear jacks could be easily enfolded into the muffs and hopefully get an enhanced effect.

She didn't want to cause any pain, so instead of threading them on herself, she gently prodded the garment into Kyokas hands.

"Here.."

Jirou grabbed ahold of them blindly, lips stretched into a thin line as she ran her fingers across the surfaces of the object, prodding on it until she figured out its construct.

"Oh.."

She eased the muffs onto her ear jacks, heaving a couple deep breaths to ease the strain of moving them around.
However, when the soft fabric finally engulfed them, the world fell silent.

Yaoyorozu didn't speak any more, but Jirou could already tell she would barely hear her if she did. The noise-cancelling of the ear muffs were absolutely exceeding her expectations.
The only things she could hear was the muted noises of her classmates shouting; but even that had been modulated exponentially by the new garment she wore.

For the first time since that morning, her mind could finally be at rest. She let out a long breath she was unaware she was holding, eyelids released from the tense strain she'd put upon them to keep them shut. Her facial muscles became jelly, any wrinkle or crease caused by the stress or discomfort was smoothed away, and she felt /alright/.

Her body was exhausted, the long day accompanied by the impeccable pain had left her with no energy to spare. Thus, it was only natural that her body sent her into unconsciousness. Slowly, the world fell away around her, and although she could feel momo playing with her hair, nothing could keep her alert.

She fell asleep, and asleep she stayed until the sun rose the following day.