What is a hero without his power? - todobaku

Bakugo mindlessly jumps into battle against the LOV, despite knowing very well that he's in no shape to take anyone on.
Todoroki pulls him out at the brink of consciousness, and attempts to nurse him back to health.

Sickie: Bakugo
Caretaker: Todoroki
___________________

Todoroki wasn't sure if Bakugo would be standing if it wasn't for the fact that he held him up steady around his waist. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he was conscious or not.
He was wavering back and forth, eyes unfocused and cheeks burning with a prominent fever. He hadn't spoken anything other than inaudible mumbles, hadn't lifted more than a finger.

Shoto could hear the other breathing soundly; air moving through his bronchioles as if he were some strange instrument. He was wheezing, seeming to struggle to catch his breath- even after being away from the battlefield for a solid 10 minutes.

Bakugos head tilted around, and Todoroki found himself placing his hand at the back of the blonde boys neck. He carefully cradled his dangly head against his shoulder, allowing his fingers to ever gently run his fingers through the spiky strands at the nape of his neck.

He used his body like a shield, hiding Katsuki from the raging battle happening only a block away. They were so immensely lucky that Sero had been looking out for them, hadn't it been for him- the two of them wouldn't have been able to escape as quickly.

"Bakugo" Todoroki spoke up, keeping his voice hushed and the sick boys body pressed closely to his own.

He could feel the other stir ever so slightly, lips twitching against his neck. He was responsive, at least to some degree.

"I'm going to get you out of here... you just" Shoto looked around,  gaining an overview of their circumstances. They had seeked out shelter in an abandoned office building. It was cold and empty; any noise bounced off the cracked walls and echoed back, even the smallest creak of a heel.

He could tell Bakugos knees were only a second away from buckling beneath him, so he had to act fast.
He would have to carry him.
Now, the blonde boy was covered from head to toe in muscles, so it was no secret that he would be heavy to lift- but Shoto had no other choice.

"Listen, I'm going to carry you. Just, stay still and let me" his voice came out a little more stern than he had intended for it to, a little harsher. Yet, Bakugo- of course- was unfazed by it.

The younger boy crouched down a little bit, ducking his head under Bakugos right armpit. He used his left hand to grab onto the blondes right arm, slowly draping it over his shoulders. With a final sharp inhale, he wrapped his arm firmly around the back of the others right knee, hoisting him up and distributing his weight evenly over his shoulders.

He mustered up the last molecules of glucose strength that soared in his blood, stomping his leg into the ground as he straightened up his back.
Bakugo, surprisingly enough, wasn't as heavy as he had anticipated. He had enough strength and pure will power to pull through with it, he was certain of it.

The explosive boy was also complying with no objections, laying limply over the other boys shoulder as he began walking towards the exit. It was worrying, yet in the moment, it was necessary.

_______________________

Each step he took, Todoroki tried to keep quieter than the last.
The villains weren't far away, and he couldn't shake the feeling that they weren't safe here for much longer.

He had no control of where their classmates were, where any of their acquaintances were located at this point of time.
All he could do was walk, as briskly and as noiselessly as he possibly could. Away from the blaring sounds of quirks retaliating against one another, the sounds of potential death of everyone that was involved in the fight.

He didn't make it all too far however, until his knee twisted beneath him. He hissed in pain, quickly readjusting his grip on the blonde boys body to keep the both of them to come tumbling to the ground. With an aching knee, Shoto barely managed to scurry over to a small bundle of trees crowning in a circular motion between two skyscrapers.

The skies were barren, no birds chirped or sang this close to such a fierce battle. There were no people around to help him out either, Shoto was at a lack of ideas.
He'd lost his phone, so he believed there was no way of contacting the others with the help of radio frequency devices.
Well, that was until he heard the buzz in Bakugos pant pocket.

God damn it. How had he not thought about that?

With Katsuki still carried across his shoulders, the boy supported their weight against a wall of concrete. He grit his teeth to keep from grunting from the brawn effort he had to muster up, carefully twisting his upper body down and allowing the other boy to slide down to sit against the tree trunk.

There were 17 missed calls, so Todoroki did what anyone would do. He called the first number that was displayed on the list.

A few beeps sounded.. but then, finally.

"Bakugo? Bakugo, bro, where are you? Are you okay?" It was Kirishima.

"It's Todoroki"

The line went silent, a few heavy breaths sounded from the other side, along with the crunching noises of the device being scrambled around.

"Whats wrong? Where's Bakugo?"
His response was fierce and immediate. He almost sounded like he was holding him accountable for whatever the circumstances were, and that thought alone made Todoroki feel agitated.

"He's right here with me" he answered, voice low and sully as always. His fists were balled up, vibrating with adrenaline and vexation.
"He's Ill, I got him out from the fight.. but I'm unable to get him any further, I need backup"

There was a few thumps, and then Kirishimas infamous voice yet again sounded through the phone.
"I'll send someone your way. The battle is beginning to taper off, but I have to make Kaminari my main priority right now. He got hit with some weird quirk.."

Shoto hummed in confirmation, quickly scanning his surroundings and listing up the name of the street and the nearest block. Then in the midst of all the chaos, they hung up.

He crouched down by Bakugos side, pulling out a small handkerchief from his pocket and wiping it down the side of the sick boys face to dispel the drops of sweat.

"Hold on, Bakugo, I'll get you out of here soon.."