Fevers and cuddles- Todobaku sickfic

(Not my art!)
In this one, Bakugo yet again goes to school despite running a high fever. In his one on one combat with Todoroki, he passes out from his illness and Todoroki has to take him to recovery girl.
He sees a new side of Bakugo that has never been displayed to him before

Sickie: Bakugo
Caretaker: Todoroki
____________________________

Bakugo had a fever, and that was one fact was well aware of. His body was aching, blooming with an indescribable heat that burned him up from the inside.
The torment had started the night before.
He'd felt off the whole day through, but it wasn't until he arrived back at his dormitory at night that it had truly kicked in.

He'd been feeling faint, shivering consistently no matter how many blankets he'd draped himself underneath. He'd drunk tea, but that had only succumbed into him becoming too drowsy to keep his heavy eyelids held up any longer. The next thing he knew, he was fast asleep.

When he woke up next, he was surprised to see he'd slept for a total 15 hours with a minimal intake of either food or water. Like a bear during seasonally hibernation or something of that sort.

He had choked down some fever reducers at 7 in the morning before getting ready for the following school day, but they truly weren't working to their fullest potential. Even with the promise on the packaging that the effect would kick in after 30 minutes, an hour passed without any striking improvement.

He stepped into the classroom with a solemn look on his face, offering his friends a simple fist bump in salutation.
He got settled by his desk, and he waited. 2 minutes felt like 10, 30 felt like 90..
This was going to be a long day.

——————

After Aizawa announced that they were going to spend the day practicing one on one combat training, most every student in the class was ecstatic.
Anyone who knew him could picture the mischievous grin that would drag across Bakugos features upon hearing those words, but today he remained as stoic as ever.

Todoroki found himself gazing at him from the back of the classroom, intrigued by his newfound silence.
His usual glimmer of determination was dimmed down, no longer so prominent within his ruby red eyes. Even by only looking at the back of head, it was not hard to tell something was wrong.

They all received a piece of paper with an overview of who would be competing against one another, and  Todoroki could feel his eyes widen briefly.
Oh, of course he was up against Bakugo.

This would most definitely not be a reiteration of the sports festival. Shoto would make sure of that.
_____________

Todoroki could admit he was feeling concerned with Bakugos well being upon seeing him face to face.
The class had been divided over an expanded pasture area, standing across from each other as they geared up.
There were little to no restrictions or rules, they were allowed to use their quirks as they wished- no strings attached.

After his brief heart-to-heart with Izuku during the sports festival, Shoto had gradually opened up to the warmer side of his quirk. Much to Bakugos (and his fathers) delight, of course.
While his flames were still partially out of his conscious control, they had become more a part of him than they had ever been before.

Yet, he was strangely enough afraid to use them against Bakugo. In this current condition, that is.
That fact alone would probably get on the blonde boys nerves, jittering up the same anger that had exploded the last time they had a brawl against one another during the festival.

A lot was different this time, however.
Bakugo wasn't screaming, he was scowling at the ground as if he was simply waiting for Todoroki to make the first move. He was unsteady, pale, shaky..