Chapter 2 : Seventh

Not to be quite picky, but I'm incredulous to the fact that I'm depending on my future based on a client that I had a messy relationship before. Although, it was nice seeing him after two years and I can now say that my heart finally got what it longed for after all this time.

You know how to separate personal life from work but with Jimin, it will all be a lot to handle.

That day Jimin and you talked as if you just met for the very first time. There's awkwardness lingering inside the room even though the both of us are only talking about business related stuff.

I was focused on my work but I can't help but notice some changes from him. He talks timidly, he looks sophisticated, and he definitely got even bulkier.

There is also that sort of emotion hiding in his eyes and I can't figure out what it was. Disappointment? Disgust? I don't know.

We spent almost one hour talking about pure workloads and some contract signings and during the whole time he didn't even greet or treat me as a long time friend, at least.

Were we even friends?

He left the building with an unreadable smile and I tried returning one but I didn't force it anymore.

I'm happy to see him and he's clearly not feeling the same.

=====

I told no one about who the client was, even Ryan who is bugging me for answers. Lying is my favorite music genre, so that's what I played.

I already finished all the assigned tasks to me like the journal entries, ledger accounts, and the likes. I'm just waiting for a call from the firm to pass it.

Now that Jimin is my client, I feel more energy to impress.

Sitting in my cubicle office, I started reading a book since I have nothing else to do in the afternoon. I heard Ryan was out to meet another client and since he is the only person I can talk in here comfortably, I chose to remain silent.

Later on, my phone rang and I immediately took it without looking at who is calling. I'm sure it's just the office asking for my files to be delivered.

"Ms. Austin, kindly please go to the seventh floor." I somehow recognize the voice but I couldn't put a name to it.

By the way, what's even on the seventh floor? I was told that I'll be sending the files to the boss and her room is on the fifth. I slowly looked at my phone and noticed that it is an unknown number.

"I'm sorry, but may I ask who this is?" I said through the other line as I doubt.

"Your client," The smile on my face appeared back and I'm trying so hard not to squeal. The idea of Jimin having my phone number is somehow thrilling, but I'll make sure that I'll only use it for business purposes and nothing more.

"Oh yeah, I'm coming, sir." After ending the call, I hugged the files and journals that I will bring while I made a screech inside my head.

I hurried my way to the elevator to arrive on the seventh floor. That storey is unfamiliar to me since I've never been there. I just simply don't want to roam around if it's not necessary.

Once the elevator stopped at my desired level, I stepped out and noticed that it was the rooftop. I immediately saw the back of the man who called me earlier. He is looking at the aerial view through the glass walls.

For two months of working here, I was oblivious to the fact that this firm has this kind of place inside their building.

I looked around and noticed that it would've been empty if it weren't because of us. To get his attention, I made sure I clanked my heels on the floor while I walk. My technique work when he suddenly turned around.

"Here's the files Mr. Park, I've already closed the entries from last year too." I smiled timidly as I passed him the files.

He scanned the papers before saying, "Great, thanks." And I don't know what else to say.

He seemed to be immersed in reading the entire journals right now. Perhaps, it's my cue to leave. "If that's all sir then I'm leaving." I was hoping he'd stop me the moment his gaze darted on me but he just faked a smile.

I turned around with a frown plastered on my face as I walk towards the elevator. I'm only one step away from the lift when he called my name.

"Elise!" I quickly turn my head to his direction. I lifted both of my eyebrows for him to continue. "There's something wrong with the account titles."

I mentally sighed.

I approached him again and take a look at the file that I passed to him. "I see nothing wrong," I responded with a raised eyebrow.

"There is." He firmly stated.

"Okay, I'll check it again and I'll call my boss once I finished correcting it." I sheepishly smiled but on the contrary, I'm very much confused. I've checked all my works and I made sure that nothing is wrong.

"No, do it now." He contradicts and my forehead narrowed.

"If there's one thing that is wrong in the files, the entire journals are wrong too. It will take time." I responded.

"I need it already." He briefly said and I gave up. There's no point at arguing with your client.

"Okay, I'll call you once I finished it." I was reaching for the files but he didn't give it to me.

"Do it here," My face fell at his statement. "All you need is a pen and calculator so check it again." He gives you a pen from his pocket. "Go on," He gestured for me to sit down on the chair and I sighed.

He placed the files on the table and without further ado, I started my job.

I spent an hour or two with Jimin silently watching me while I fix the files that don't need any fixation. If I'd think of him as the old Jimin before, he is probably tricking me and wasting my time. "There you go, nothing new. I told you it's correct." My face smiled smugly.

"How about the journals?" He asked.

"All clear as well." I confidently said.

"Check it again," He demanded with a serious face.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "You do know that it will take me hours to check it again, right?"

"It's your job why are you complaining?" He deadpanned.

He must be kidding me.

I looked outside and noticed that it's starting to get dark. Closing my eyes tightly, I grabbed the pen and my phone as a calculator to waste another two hours of my life.

"Here, done. Again." I muttered the last part. "Please don't tell me to check it once more. It's perfectly arranged and nothing is wrong." I pleaded as I leaned my back on the chair.

"Make me a new copy," He ordered and my jaw fell.

"No." This is probably my first time saying that to a client but he is clearly asking for it.

"Do you want me to share this dirty files with the board of directors?" He pointed at my writings on the files.

"Excuse me, Mr. Park, but if this is some sort of payback then I'm out." I stand up on my seat and planned to go home already since it's already nighttime but Jimin got ahold of my arm and pulled it. "What the hell?"

"Is this how you treat your clients?" He complained.

"Is that how you overwork me? 'Cause it's obvious." I fired back.

"You're already pissed, Elise. I'm not yet even starting." Then, there I saw his infamous smirk for the very first time again.