Chapter 36 : Cathedral's Terrace

Jimin greets me in the morning with much more delight compared to his attitude last night. I guess he can't stay mad for too long if it's her mother's doings.

Last night, I heard someone knocking on the door, and I quickly guessed that it was Jimin. It woke me up a little, but I'm too sleepy to entertain him. I can't believe this man still had lots of energy left after a long ride.

Although he promised me yesterday that we're going to various places today, he still hasn't told me the itineraries. According to him, it's a surprise in the meantime.

Instead of Lance chauffeuring us today, it's only the two of us riding the car to wherever destination we are headed. I'm still not used to the light feeling I have whenever Jimin and I are on a ride. I mean, we used to remain silent every time. It's either we just came from a fight, or we've been fighting for days already to the point that car rides are automatically labeled to be silent among us.

But seeing how we jam over the music inside the car warms my heart. The speaker keeps switching from The 1975 and Chris Brown's music. "I remember how we used to bicker over our music preferences," I remark with a wide smile. He briefly looks at me before darting his eyes again on the road.

"Hm, would you look at that? That seems history ago," He comments. His hands continue to tap the steering wheel along with the beat of the music coming out of the speakers.

"I know," I lean back on my seat. I neatly press down my hands on my thighs, gently rubbing my palms over my jeans. 

Jimin told me to specifically wear something decent (as if I don't) today. So I went with wide jeans paired with a striped long-sleeve colored in the brown palette for the top. I wore my boots today as I felt like we have a heavy adventure. 

I'm determined to match with Jimin. He's too fashionable, and I want to at least be on his level of fashion for once. Just while we're here in Milan. But to my dismay, this is all I got in my luggage, so I had to be creative. 

My eyes follow the red arrow on the car's GPS. We're slowly nearing the 'Duomo di Milano,' so I quickly typed it on my phone and researched it. As I read the context, I begin to understand why Jimin suddenly wants me to wear proper clothes. If I ever wore short skirts, I might've denied entrance since we're going to a cathedral. "Have you went here before?" I ask.

"Yeah, with Mom," He says, and I slightly nod my head. Before I can unbuckle my seatbelt, he handed out a ticket to me. "We need a ticket?"

"Yeah, if you want to see the view from the terrace."

"Oh, cool," Is all I managed to say. Once we got out of the parking lot, Jimin reaches for my hand, and I narrow my eyes at him before taking it.

A couple more steps later, we arrived outside the cathedral, and numerous pigeons greet us. I've only seen this view in the movies, and now I'm experiencing it. "Take a picture with me." I didn't notice how Jimin had his phone raised up in the air to capture a perfect selfie.

I give my best smile despite not being a fan of photos. After some captured selfies, he suddenly instructed, "Stand there; I'll take your picture."

"No, you stand there, and I'll take your picture." I snatched his phone from his hand and shooed him away. As if he doesn't want a solo photo.

I did my very best to capture his photos at perfect angles. But it's Jimin Park that I'm taking a photo of, of course, every piece of it is breathtaking. I bet these can sell dollars.

Once finished, he gently pushes me in the middle, saying that it's my turn now. I roughly smiled amidst the bright sun and flying pigeons around me. "You look awkward, aren't you happy?" He giggled, his eyes crinkled.