Chapter 27 : Forgiveness

sorry for not updating. it felt like years, lmao. we had no internet connection for weeks, that's why. hope you'll enjoy the update and tomorrow's, and the day after tomorrow's and... *smirks*

✰✰✰

I don't know what's more awkward—Jimin cooking breakfast for me or having a meal with me after what happened last night. As expected, it was plain silence the moment I sat on the stool.

I looked at the table and noticed what he prepared—two bowls of instant rice, bacon, and egg rolls. The last one felt nostalgic.

I admit that it's quite surprising, but I still don't want to know what is going on inside his head. We could make up on certain circumstances, or he could easily break me one more time. I'd still prefer the silence going on between us.

A few minutes later, the wall of silence was destroyed when Jimin finally spoke. "Does it taste good?" I can hear the awkwardness in his tone. He's clearly talking to ease the atmosphere.

Without making any sound, I nodded my head and sheepishly smiled at him. The uncomfortable and invisible barricade in the middle of the table returned because of my gesture.

As much as possible, I tried finishing my meal in a short period of time. Maybe after this awkward breakfast, he would finally leave me alone to think and be at peace for even just a day.

That's what I thought.

He actually volunteered to wash the dishes, and when I insisted on doing the job, he immediately retaliated and used his much more amazing persuasion skill. As I left him all alone in the kitchen, I opened the door and made my way into my room.

Surprisingly, everything is in place. Although it's evident that someone else other than me used it last night, Jimin did pretty well at keeping my room exactly the same. I sat on my bed and roamed my eyes around.

I can't wait for this day to end already. I can feel it. It's going to be another long day, and I haven't replenished my energy from last night.

The sound of a dog barking awakes my senses, and as I looked over the widely opened door of my room, I saw Holly standing outside.

That's when I suddenly thought about Yoongi. Quickly, I slipped my hands inside my pocket and fished for my phone. I automatically dialed Yoongi's number to see if he's doing well after what happened last night.

The call rung many times, but Yoongi never picked it up. I tried calling him more, but he's obviously on a mission of ignoring me. What I did next was dial Taehyung's number instead. Fortunately, he took the call so quickly, which had me flabbergasted. "Hey, Taehyung? Is Yoongi still with you?" I scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah, he's still... uhm, sleeping." His voice sounded a bit off, which I found suspicious. He's obviously lying, but on the other hand, if Taehyung says he's sleeping, it can still be true.

"Oh, well, can you tell him to call me once he's awake?" I asked, and he hummed as an answer. "Thanks." I almost mumbled.

"No problem, and, Elise?"

"Hm?"

"Tell Jimin to fix his mess." He instructed, and I bopped my head absentmindedly, clearly forgetting that we're on call.

"Yeah, sure," Is all I managed to say. Once I ended the call, I plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes.

The silence and the sound of Holly barking enveloped my room. A moment later, I can feel Holly's paws stomping all over my body. Its movement tickles my body, and I was forced to suppress my laugh. "Where's Lil Meow Meow, huh?" I smiled at the adorable creature. Suddenly, I thought that Yoongi's cat's name is quite long, and it was me who gave the lame idea.

I wonder how Yoongi is doing.

My moment with Yoongi's dog got interrupted when I heard exactly three knocks on my opened door. As a reflexive action, I tilted my head on the side of the door and saw Jimin sheepishly standing on the other side of the doorway.

I quickly sat down on my bed and caressed Holly in my arms. The dog's barking became louder, and all its attention is on Jimin. I saw him rolling his eyes at the pure animal before faking a smile. "Can we talk for a minute?"

I lowered my head and stared at the floor. There is no way that I'll refuse that. One way or another, we'll eventually talk things out. And whether that it is now or later, it seems like I will never be prepared for that conversation. "Yeah, sure."

Carefully, I placed Holly on my bed before heading out of my room. I can feel Jimin following behind me. Once I sat on the couch, he took his seat opposite to mine. "About last night, I know I screwed up, and I'm sorry," He sincerely apologized.

"It's alright." I smiled with a mixture of sadness in it.

"You forgive me?" The shock was evident on his face.

"What you did was painful, but I get where you're coming from. But, there's no point in planting hatred towards you. We will just keep on moving backwards instead of moving on," I explained. "So yes, I forgive you."

My piece made him speechless as his mouth remained zipped in silence. To break the suffocating atmosphere, "I know why you said those words and ignored me like a cold breeze of wind for the past days. I hurt you before, and in my opinion, maybe you're entitled to hurt me too in your own way. But, remember that I'll always forgive you no matter what you do. That's how much indebted I am to you. That's how much I'm guilty for hurting you, and the only thing I can do in return is to forgive you." I vented out my feelings. "And please, talk it out with Yoongi too." Lastly, I told him Taehyung's reminder.

At first, I thought he's about to say something in return. All I can hear after my statement was the sound of the fan producing wind. As I contemplated that he would not say anything anymore, I awkwardly stood up and smiled at him before walking out of the living room.

When my right hand finally touched the rail of the staircase, a pair of arms snaked around my waist, and I felt my breath hitched. His chin buried on my shoulder, and I was frozen in my place. Undecided of what to do, I remained standing there like a statue in Jimin's captivity.

"I-I'm really sorry. I went overboard with my words, and I don't have any excuse for that," He said. "And, I, I forgive you too." That's when the realization hit me.

I never thought that it'd come to a point where we will both hurt each other before we can even forgive ourselves for doing such acts. He had to hurt me before he forgave me. If I only knew that he wants to see me in pain just to consider me worthy of his forgiveness, I would take every bullet from his mouth in a heartbeat.

That's how big of a fool I am. That's how much I love him and how much I yearn for his forgiveness.

"Let me be good to you. No more lies, please." His voice sounded like he is begging. "No more painful words thrown at each other, no more avoiding, no more hurting, and most importantly..." He turned me around to face him. I saw how his eyes water like mine. "No more games, Elise. Hm?"

A tear escaped my eyes as I try my best to give him my happiest smile. I nodded fervently, and he laughed. He pulled me into a tight and warm hug that I always longed for.

I hope everything will be okay now.

A dog barking from upstairs ruined the momentum. "That dog hates me." I can feel Jimin rolling his eyes, and I timidly chuckle at his statement.

I guess everything's going to be fine now, right?