Chapter 20 : Free

After two hours of not-so-straight sleep, my phone wakes me up at six in the morning. Lazily, I hopped out of the bed and wobbled as I felt something throbbing inside my sex. I mentally hissed because of it before I grabbed my towel and went straight to the bathroom.

Washing took more than fifteen minutes before I finished. I blow-dried my hair and fixed myself in front of the mirror as I wore my office attire. As for my footwear, I chose a pair of nude doll shoes. I already have an idea of why I can't suddenly walk on heels but I don't want to reminisce the reason so I keep on denying that it's not it.

With my bag on my shoulder, I get out of my room and go straight to the kitchen to drink some coffee before we depart. I put on my morning smile in case I bump into Rachel and to greet her a good morning. While I vocalized my cheery voice, a lump got stuck in my throat when I was greeted by someone else.

Jimin is standing behind the kitchen island topless with both of his hands pressed against the freestanding piece of cabinetry. I stopped at my tracks and tried so hard not to look down at his toned muscles. "Where are you going?" He stood properly and grabbed the mug in front of him.

"You're drinking coffee now?" I curiously asked back. My words are totally irrelevant to his question. He nodded and repeated the question once more.

"I said, where're you going?" My forehead creased in confusion. Jimin doesn't look like he's preparing for work. We're supposed to leave at seven and thirty minutes already passed after the clock struck six.

"Don't we have work to do?" I answered him with another question. He rolled his eyes at me and sighed.

"You want to go to work?" He raised a brow before a took a sip from his mug.

"It's not like I have a choice," I said. He huffed a puff of air before he placed his mug down the island again.

"Fine, meet me at the front gate in fifteen minutes." With that, he walked out of the kitchen. I hurriedly make my coffee and savored it slowly since I still got a few minutes like what Jimin just said. As I placed my dish on the sink, I noticed Jimin's mug and observed it.

He didn't drink coffee, a trace of chocolate milk is evident on the ceramic. I smirked as I realized that he still hates coffee up until this day. Some things never really changed. Once I brushed my teeth and applied a light lipstick, I headed outside. The car is already waiting and I immediately made my way to it.

Jimin was silent the whole trip. His attire for today is quite odd for work. His top is composed of a fitted cotton jacket and a simple white shirt underneath. He is wearing some kind of khaki shorts along with dark brown fashionable walking sandals. The rounded sunglasses on his face was the one that caught my attention.

Maybe we're going somewhere, a meeting, but probably something not really formal. My subconscious speaks.

The road that we're taking is quite strange to me. We are definitely not heading straight to the company and now my curiosity about our whereabouts is uprising. After a few more minutes, we stopped in front of a white and familiar building.

I've been in Sacramento before I even met Jimin. Perhaps, it's my fourth or fifth time here. I can still remember the name of this place. "Crocker Art Museum," I whispered. The place didn't change a little bit.

"You've been here?" Jimin suddenly asked as he walked to my side. I nodded happily at his question while he grimaced in reply. "'Kay, let's go," He shrugged.

The entire time that we were inside, we were not speaking. He keeps looking at the artifacts while I follow him around. He doesn't have any intention of talking to me not until I yawned unintentionally. "We should've stayed at home," Jimin muttered.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"You don't like it?" He asked back.

"It's nice. I'm just wondering if we're here for work," I explained. He stopped walking in front of ancient-looking miniatures so I did the same.

"I actually wanted to skip work today, and I know you wanted too. You were drained last night, I figured why not make this day free so you can replenish your strength after we had s—"

I absentmindedly cut him off by placing my palm on his mouth. He abruptly removed my hand and hissed at me. "Damn, what was that for?!"

"Nothing," I giggled awkwardly. "You said you want to go home? Let's go."

Since he doesn't want to waste the ticket he paid for us to get inside the museum, we roamed around for a few more minutes before we head back home.

I instantly laid on my bed the moment we got back and seconds just passed, I already drifted to sleep.

=====

The moment I wake up, my eyes become teary as I stare at the oblivion. I still want to sleep but my tummy is already screaming for food. I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and saw that it was already six in the evening. Without caring, I scrolled down my social media apps to waste my time.

I've been doing the same thing not until someone knocked on my door. I groaned as I forced myself to stand up and greet the person behind the wood. "Hey," I weird lopsided smile crept onto my face when I saw Jimin.

"We need to talk." With that, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me further inside my room after locking the door.

"What's happening?" My voice sounded like I'm complaining. His grip on my wrist actually hurts a bit.

"Mom told me everything," He started. My brows knitted together at his sudden statement that I don't understand.

"What did she tell you?"

"You and Ryan are not really together," Jimin said straightforwardly. My face fell at the abrupt realization that he knew that I'm lying again. "You lied to me. When will you ever stop?!" He bellowed.

I took my hand from him and created some distance away from him. "It's not like it'll change anything anyway."

"You're now free, Elise. And that changes everything for me."