Chapter 9 : Leave

After wearing my office attire, I came down in the living room only to see Yoongi waiting for me on the couch. "Are you off to work?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Good, before you leave eat your breakfast in the kitchen, I made it." He then grabbed his bag and called for his two pets.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To the site, why?" He bent down and carried Little Meow while Holly follows him.

"Can I come?" I smiled from ear to ear and he scowled at me.

"Didn't you just say, you're off to work?"

"I can always lie for an emergency leave." I winked and he shook his head in disappointment. "Please?" I actually don't want to do my job today, considering that I'm currently working for Jimin's company. If I stayed inside this house then I'll only get bored. So my only option left was to come with Yoongi, at least I get to play with his pets.

"My hands are all clean if you get fired." He gave in and I mentally cheered for myself by doing a good job.

"Sure, squeaky clean." So, that's what I did. Instead of hopping inside my car, I ride inside Yoongi's since there is no point in driving separately.

The two babies are peacefully sitting on the backseat while I called dibs on the shotgun.

It's a good thing that I didn't wear heels today because if I did I might go twirling around on a rocky site and that will not be fun for me.

The drive was short and in a matter of minutes, the four of us arrived at a vast and plain area where huge construction trucks are starting to line up. Many people with yellow hard hats are also scattered around the place.

Once we got in, a man greeted and handed us two safety helmets. I grimaced at the heat of the sun and somehow regretted that I tagged along. We left Holly and Little Meow inside a shelter so that they can play peacefully while Yoongi and I observe the field.

The entire day, I was trailing behind Yoongi while he talks to some people regarding the project. I tried to learn something new from their conversation and fortunately, I did recall some things. Knowing that Yoongi, Jimin, and the rest of their gang are now all busy with their business life, I was reminded how time quickly flew by.

They are now all grown-ups carrying such huge responsibilities in their family. Except for Jimin, he's twenty-seven but his attitude screams like a teen. The way that he plans on tearing my heart apart, even more, is just absurd.

Shaking my head off from the thought, Yoongi decided to eat dinner at a fast-food restaurant once we dropped off the two cuties in my house. "So, what's up with you and Jimin?" Yoongi asked before taking a bite from his cheeseburger.

"Nothing," I denied and he glared at me. "Fine, long story short, he is like a VIP client in our firm and he was assigned to me." I huffed in dismay before mixing the coke float with my straw.

"Then?" He pressed while my lips fell into a flat line.

"That's it," I shrugged my shoulders and sipped on my beverage.

"Your eyes were literally red yesterday and the dwarf boy disappeared once I got back, what happened?" He noticed and I'm too dumb to even think that I can hide this from his very observant friend.

I bit my lower lip because my vocal cords started to shake and I don't want to sound weak in front of Yoongi. "We had sex and then he said he'll crush my heart." I bluntly said  and he choked on his food.

"Lower your voice," He hissed before coughing again.

"Why? It's not like you don't do sex." I scowled and he rolled his tiny eyes at me.

"I was just caught off guard. If you are the Elise from two years ago, you probably do not have the guts to say those things in public but look at you, all grown up." He smirked before continuing his meal. "What do you plan to do?"

"I don't really know," I sighed. "Will he ever forgive me?"

"I've known Jimin for a long time and he doesn't hold too much grudge to someone. But if he did, it just means that you really did a number on him."

Yoongi's statement made me feel even more fanatical about his friend. My boring life suddenly went alive once I met Jimin again after two years, but if he'll only bring misery, I'll wish that we'll never see each other again.

But that's impossible, now that Jimin is definitely committed to making my life a living hell by torturing my emotions. I hope I had the ability to get over him as fast as he did to me.

"Will you help me get into his good side again?" I pouted.

"Don't use your cute tactics on me. You know I'll fall for it." He muttered and I blinked my puppy eyes even more. We had a short staring contest and eventually, I was the one who won.

"Alright. So, what's the plan?"

"You're in charge of that." I winked and he groaned. It's nice to have Yoongi around, he's totally a friend who's only one call away.

We finished our meals along with our short conversations in just a matter of time. The two of us decided to go back home since it's already getting late and I still have work tomorrow.

The moment we arrived at my house, I quickly raced inside my room and laid down on my bed. I've been with Yoongi the whole day, yet my mind keeps thinking about Jimin and it's really annoying the hell out of me.

Figuring that I'm still not gonna be able to sleep, I opened the television and darted my eyes on the video. Apparently, the movie playing is not that entertaining so I just turned it off.

Slipping my hand inside my pocket, I grabbed my phone that has been shut down the entire day. I contemplated that Ryan, Jimin, or whoever colleague I know will just bombard me with messages of 'Why are you on leave, again?' or something like that.

Once the screen flashed open, my hypothesis was indeed correct. But Ryan's message made me sit straight on my bed.

Elise, you stupid girl. You got fired.