Chapter 42 : Movie Night

My morning sickness continues, and I have to admit; it's awful. Despite being called morning sickness, it doesn't actually only apply during sunrise. In fact, it chooses no time.

If it weren't for Doctor Sinclair, I wouldn't know that. She also told me that I have to keep this up for four months because that's usually how long pregnant women experience this symptom. On the bright side, having this nauseous feeling is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. And that got my point.

I wasn't sure if I really am not ready for this responsibility. But the moment I learnt that I'm carrying a child, worries morphed into unexplainable happiness.

It isn't easy to cope up with my current state, especially now that I'm hired. I'm currently on my third day at work. Even though I'm busy, I have to make sure that I eat food on time and stay healthy for my baby. Yes, it's challenging when I was all alone.

Not until Yoongi caught me. He paid an unexpected visit last Monday, and I felt sick a few moments later. Knowing him, he got suspicious to the point that he threatened to drag me in the hospital if I'm not going to tell him what's happening.

In the end, his reaction was like Garfield, who saw a lasagna freely lying on a table. Of course, he was happy for me. Everything was fine not until Jimin got into the topic.

Yoongi asked if Jimin already knew and I told him no.

Ever since that incident in his office, I felt an invisible distance between him and me. That same day, he messaged me to have dinner the next day. But guess what? He's a no-show. Lance had to pick me up at the restaurant and apologize for the sake of his boss.

Since then, I began ignoring his other messages. But this morning's was an exception.

Hey, dinner tonight? At my office. I'll have Lance pick you up after your work.

I contemplated if I should answer him. What if he shoos me away again? What if he makes me wait for nothing again? Although the idea of having dinner in his office was persuasive, I didn't reply to his message.

Once I arrived at the firm that I'm now working for, I start doing my usual job; Read business papers and check journals.

This new environment of mine is... fine. I mean, it is somehow lonely because I'm not familiar with anyone. Most employees are older than me, and no one around my age seems approachable, unlike my previous workplaces, where most people are friendly.

During lunch, I ate all by myself on my cubicle. Ever since Yoongi heard that I'm pregnant, he began packing lunch for me. It's actually sweet of him to drop by at my house during the morning before I go to work. He said it's better to eat his food instead of buying meals from the firm's cafeteria.

On another topic, of course, I haven't forgotten Ryan's favour to me. I kept dialling Ria's old number, but it's still unattended. Perhaps, she changed her network or number.

While deep in thoughts, my phone vibrated again, and it's another message from Jimin.

Please?

Then another.

I promise tonight's going to be different.

Sighing, I gave up since I could see that he was somehow trying. I send a simple thumbs-up button and return to my lunch.

=====

After work, I got out of the firm's building, and I didn't see my car. Instead, I saw Lance patiently waiting outside. "Ms. Austin," He greeted with a nod.

"Hey, uhm, where's my car?" Before answering my question, he kindly asked if I needed help with my bag, but I politely declined.

"Already back in your home," He informed.