Chapter 5 : Maybe

do you still like the story? im having second thoughts about continuing this sequel = (

☆☆☆

Today is Wednesday and because of a business seminar, I am required to wake up earlier than usual. I've already prepared my things that will suffice my needs for four days. My parents already heard about the trip from me and they actually wished that they could tag along.

PRKR Clothing Company will cover all the expenses and I started to wonder how will that benefit Jimin's company. I'm just hoping that my four days will not go into the trash and that I'll learn something and be productive because of it.

Ryan told me that he will fetch me by four in the morning and there is still thirty minutes before the clock strikes that number.

While I wait with my phone in my hands, I heard an engine outside so I immediately took my bags and headed out. As expected from the early bird, Ryan's clock is fifteen minutes advanced.

The car ride was mostly silent and whenever we talk, our subject is mainly Ria. He agreed to come despite the problems he is facing right now in his household because he said he needs a break from all the family dramas.

Ryan explained to me how he knew that Ria and he are not blood-related since he was fifteen. His voice is full of regret when he told me how it actually happened.

Apparently, Mrs. Anderson has a college friend who wanted to abort Ria before not until she volunteered to take care of the child as her own. Ryan told me that Ria does not know that part and if she knows, it will break her even more.

"Hey, do you know which company sponsored this business seminar?" He suddenly changes the topic.

"I don't know, they didn't mention it on the message." That wasn't a lie. I only have speculations that it is Jimin's company based on his hint last weekend. Plus, I don't want to tell Ryan something I'm not sure of and mostly I don't want him to know that it was Jimin since I don't know how I will react.

I mean we've talked about this already before, but it always gets awkward when we speak of him.

We spent almost forty minutes in a car ride towards LAX and when we got to Terminal A, a lot of our colleagues are already there. Most of them are excited because who wouldn't? It's a free trip to another state, you'll get to enjoy at the same time work and earn your income.

The flight took four hours before we arrived and in that time period, I was deeply hungry. I thought it will only take a while so I didn't make myself an early breakfast. Luckily, Ryan is my seatmate and he got dozens of snacks inside his bag.

The crew of the airline also served small portions of the meal and I'm already grateful for it.

A lot of us were sent to a hotel before the activities started. We were surprised that the hotel was actually serving foods in our rooms.

We still have two hours to rest before the activities start so what I did was sleep again.

=====

We are all gathered in a hall along with small different companies. DIS is not the only one invited in here.

"So before we start, let's hear some words from our main sponsor, Mr. Jimin Park of PRKR Clothing Company." My face soured when the host suddenly mentioned his name.

Ryan was on my side and I can see shock all over his face. "You knew it was Jimin, didn't you?"

"I wasn't sure," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, he can get it. He is damn fine," I'm beginning to hear a few whispers and mutters about him being hot and a daddy. And I know how guilty I am for being pissed off.

Jimin gave his long-ass speech and I didn't bother to listen. I was busy playing with my phone until I heard applauses indicating that he is done blabbering in front.

Slowly dozing off, I already knew that this business seminar is going to be boring. The night has fallen and speakers are not yet done discussing the 'to do's and don't's'.

What are we actually doing here?

After the dreadful talks, we were finally gathered in the huge restaurant hotel and my mouth instantly watered when I saw a buffet prepared in the middle.

I grabbed Ryan so that we go first in line and he was quite annoying when he insisted that ladies should go first. A few minutes later, we found our seats and silently dig into our dinner.

Peace was maintained not until someone abruptly joined us on the table and I noticed how everyone else was looking at us. When I turned to my side, I already saw Jimin sitting next to me. On the other hand, Ryan has his game face on.

"What are you doing?" I muttered to Jimin.

"I wanted to share a table with some old acquaintances," He beamed.

Before Ryan and I reconciled, he told me how Jimin went to Ohio to warn him about what we are actually doing. Of course, Ryan didn't believe it at first not until he opened my bedroom door at that time when Jimin and I were doing something.

"So you two are together again?" Jimin asked, though his attention is on his food.

Before Ryan can even answer, I already muttered the word, "Yes." He eyed me and I just made an expression that pleads him to just play along.

"Very well then, make sure to keep her with a leash Ryan, so that she'll not go anywhere else." After Jimin said that he took a sip of water from his glass.

Ryan was displeased about his statement and it's visible in his face. "That's not an appropriate way to talk about a girl, it's not funny."

"I'm not kidding if that is what you think. Make sure your girl will not throw herself to some guy again and play with their feelings, 'cause that shit hurts." With that, Jimin grabbed his platter and walked away from our table.

I sighed, "What was that? It looks like you two are talking again," Ryan started.

"He is the client who was assigned to me," I took a deep breath before pouting and shoving a spoonful of rice inside my mouth. "You think it's a coincidence?"

"I think not. Perhaps you should talk to him, like a proper conversation." Ryan suggested. "Didn't you tell me that you needed closure? This is the time."

"I don't know, something changed about him."

"And you still have feelings for him, right?" I noticed how Ryan struggled to say those words and I smiled briefly at him. "Maybe it can work out this time."

"You think this is the right time?" I squeaked.

"Maybe," He shrugged and I'm quite convinced to do what he advised.