Chapter 48 : Wrong Number

"Hello?" I nervously said to the other line. "Uhm, who's this?" I added. No one is answering. But it isn't a silent background either. There are voices speaking, and I can't decipher what they're talking about.

"Hello?" I repeated. Instead of someone answering me this time, the call dropped. With furrowed eyebrows, I stared at my phone and then silently laughed at myself for the next second.

Why? Because I just looked and sounded so desperate and ridiculous. It's probably a wrong number. I guess so.

Returning back to my seat, I mustered up a stoic look on my face. Andrea is watching me the whole time, and I don't want her to give a disappointed expression after I jumped all giddy just because of a mysterious phone call.

Fortunately, Andrea cheered me up by telling me funny stories about her. After a few minutes, she told me she's finished, and her work on me is impressive. Once I was done paying for her service fee, she made me promise to visit her salon again if ever I needed another makeover. And of course, I couldn't say no. Besides, I see no harm from saying yes.

Looking at the time, I definitely need to be at home right now, or else Yoongi comes earlier, and he'll worry. I've disregarded his rules for me. Such as always staying at home, call him if I need anything, just shop online if I need more groceries, but I rarely practice those. I can't just sit around and watch TV.

So, I sneak out whenever I can, just like what I did today.

Yoongi's house isn't that far from here. And I'm pretty sure I'd make it just in time.

The moment I'm back, Holly welcomed me cheerfully, as usual, while Little Meow is busy sleeping on the couch. I head straight to the kitchen and prepare my ingredients so that I can cook a new recipe that I found online. It's called "Zosui", and from the photo it seems really appetizing. I hope I can successfully make one.

=====

"Woah, this tastes incredible," Yoongi muttered after slurping a spoonful of my dish's soup.

"Thank goodness you liked it. I made a big mess earlier, creating it and saying that makes it worth it," I heaved a sigh of relief.

"What happened to your hair?" He quickly changed the topic. I looked around as I think of an excuse.

"I cut it," I lied. "The heat is annoying the hell out of me."

"Elise..." He called.

"Hm?"

"It's winter," Yoongi deadpanned, and I mentally slapped myself. "No worries, at least your lying skills are going back to zero."

"Geez, then I guess it's an improvement," I shrugged and picked up my spoon.

"Uh, uh," He shook his head. "It just means that you finally have a conscience," He brutally said, and I glared at him. "Did the unknown number call again?"

I almost gagged on my food upon hearing his question. "They did," He assumed since my face already tells the answer to it. "What did they say?"

"Nothing," I moved my shoulders up and down. "I think it's a wrong number."

"You think?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well, I answered it, but no one is talking on the phone to me. Although, I heard people talking about something in the background. Other than that, there was no conversation at all," I explained.

After that, air surrounded the atmosphere, and we both focused on having our last meal of the day. Not until I heard my ringtone booming from the living room. Yoongi was about to stand up and get it, but I stopped him. "What?" He asked.