Chapter 28 : Too

What happened the other day kept me wondering until now. I know he meant it; his words and tone are all genuine. The way he stuttered 'I forgive you' to me is undoubtedly real. But I can't help but worry about the word 'too' at the end.

Did he perhaps forgive me because I did the same thing without any hesitation? Did he really mean it? Or did I receive his forgiveness out of pity? Is hatred still inside his heart?

I want to know all the explanations for those questions, and I guess today is my day to get some answers. He made a promise to me that he'll bring me somewhere fun today. Up until now, I still don't have any idea where that might be.

Fortunately, when I asked him what I should wear, he didn't tell me a lie. I had to ask him a couple of times if I just really need to wear casual. Unlike what he did before. That asshole really got me there.

Shaking the thought off of my head, I decided that I should focus more on the present instead of dwelling on the past. I should move on and forget things; that's the only way we'll be able to move forward. Hopefully, Jimin does the same.

I decided to go with a simple and plain white crop top and a pair of wide legs jeans to cover my legs. As for my feet, a pair of white sneakers would do. I don't have the guts to dress too much. Jimin literally owns fashion, and I don't want to look hideous next to him with my version of extravagant fashion.

After I finished preparing, I immediately heard the sound of a car outside my house. Quickly, I locked the front door and hurried inside Jimin's roadster. "Did you wait too long?" He asked.

"Nah, you arrived at a good time," I beamed. Looking around, I noticed that none of his bodyguards are near. Even a convoy car is nowhere to be seen. "Where are your bodyguards?"

"Figured they're a nuisance." Jimin pouted and started the engine. "Why? You miss them?" His face turned into an evil one within nanoseconds. I tried my best not to give him an eye-roll, but he knew how I was not too fond of his statement by looking at my poker face.

The silent ride became a loud one when he played Chris Brown's songs on his radio. Absentmindedly, I jammed along, and it caught him by surprise. "So you listen to him now?" A playful smirk crossed his lips.

"Well, his songs are good." I got nothing else to say. I don't want to tell him how I regretted not listening to his favorite artist before. He will only say words that will add up to my guilt.

Suddenly, he shifted to a different type of music, and I automatically smiled so wide that my lips would actually rip anytime. "So, you're now listening to them too?" The 1975's 'Chocolate' boomed the speakers.

"Yeah, realized their songs aren't crappy either." Compared to my statement about his favorite artist, he was a bit mean. He could've just said the same thing.

After a few more minutes, Jimin dropped both of us at a public park. "So, what are we going to do here?" I held tightly on to my sling bag as I jumped out of his car. It's still early, but there are already a lot of people in their exercising suits, stretching and jogging everywhere.

Once I was done admiring the area, my eyes landed on Jimin's figure, and once again, I was mesmerized by him. I always am. With his loose black shirt and skinny jeans, big black boots, and a simple red cap that matches his accessories on his wrist, he was drop-dead gorgeous. It was just a casual look, yet he looked so fine.

"Earth to my Elise!" I snapped back to reality and noticed how Jimin was waving both of his hands in front of my face.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I shook my head.

"I said, we're going for a morning walk. Are you up for it?" He asked, and I fervently nod my head to his question, indicating that I agreed to his plan. "Cool. What's wrong with you?" He sneered at me, and I just casually laughed it off.

I seriously have to erase this habit of drooling over Jimin being surreal.

Though the walk at the park was too simple, Jimin managed to make butterflies in my stomach by abruptly holding my hands in the middle of nowhere. At first, I was hesitant about intertwining our fingers, but he did the job without even consulting me. To be honest, I find it cute, and the whole time, I can't help but blush.

Once the sun reigned in the sky, we searched for a nearby restaurant to grab some early lunch. Jimin insisted on dining in at a luxurious restaurant, but I wouldn't say I liked the idea. After a few bickering about how every food tastes the same, he finally gave up, and I won the convincing battle. We ended up in a nice and cozy place where hearty meals are served.

Our lunch was almost too perfect. We laughed a lot and acted like we really are starting to neglect the past. Not until I heard a few murmurs and whispers around our nearby tables. They were talking about me and that incident at Andy's fashion show that happened ages ago.

I have to admit; it was already buried deep inside my mind because of Jimin and I's mishaps. But hearing them talking about it relived the painful and embarrassing moment inside my head. I made sure I didn't show that I'm thinking too much about it; I don't want Jimin to know what's going on inside my head. What I did was to smile it out and ignore the damn whispers.

After having lunch, we rested for a while before heading to Ultrazone. Jimin knows I suck at video games, and he really had the decency to bring me to a place where a similar thing is done. I heard Laser Tags are painful but not as much as Paintballs do.

He literally paid for an area that only the two of us occupy. The blaster was pretty heavy, and it gave me a hard time. I'm also asthmatic, and every time I run for about only a second, I find myself catching my breath the moment after. I always respawn at my place, and Jimin is already at my territory, ready to shoot me dead, again.

As expected, he won the game. I don't have any talent when it comes to games. Basically, I'm a loser.

To avoid spending too much money, we both agreed to shop some groceries at the market and make our own snacks at home. Well, at my home.

I was assigned to make garlic bread while he took the duty of making strawberry smoothies. "Hey, can you pass me the butter?" He handed me immediately the thing I asked for.

I can't stop smiling, and I already hate myself for probably looking like an idiot because of it. This day is almost too perfect. I feel like nothing wrong is gonna happen for the remaining hours of this day.

Silence filled the kitchen when the blender stopped, indicating that Jimin is done with his job. I'm still making the slices of bread, and I'll put them all at once in the oven toaster to work faster. I was expecting that Jimin will help me, but instead, he did the opposite.

He's distracting me.

He hugged me from behind, which caught me off guard. His scent immediately entered my senses at the very close proximity of our body. He buried his head on my neck, and his hot breath touching my skin was followed by the touch of his lips. "Jimin," I hissed. "I know what you're doing."

I can feel his lips forming into a smile. "What?" He laughed. Clearly ignoring my warnings, he suddenly used his tongue and licked the bottom of my ear. I bit my lower lip to sustain any sound, but his effect on me was obvious by the way I froze on my spot. "Don't tell me you don't miss us being one." Then his dirty talk began.

I tried so hard to focus on spreading the butter on the bread, but I failed when Jimin practically turned me around to face him.

Raising an eyebrow was a weak defense; I know that he knows I'm faking my current emotions by the looks on his face. "Stop lying; your face clearly says 'kiss me.'" He chuckled, and instead of teasing me more, he embraced me and squeezed me inside his arms.

A warm smile appeared on my face. "I missed this," He whispered.

I pulled away from the hug and looked straight into his alluring eyes. "I missed this too," I admitted.

Both of our faces became more serious than ever. But our eyes can't lie; we knew what we wanted. Both our gazes are on each other's lips.

Inch by inch, we slowly leaned in for a deep and passionate kiss that we probably never even felt before.