Chapter 22 : Vulnerable

Today, I woke up before my alarm rings. I feel excited about today. It's a good thing that I didn't get to trigger my asthma last night. I began coughing badly and I was expecting that today I'll breathe heavily but it didn't.

Aside from Jimin finally noticing me again, he also walked with me in the rain last night. We talked like we're friends and that there's nothing wrong going between us and it frenzied me. But to be honest, I have to set things straight. After contemplating last night, I promised myself not to be the female version of Pinocchio. Today, I'm going to apologize to Jimin and give him the reasons that he demanded from me.

As I start to pick my outfit for today in my wardrobe, my message ringtone sounded and I had to pick my phone up. It's a message from Jimin saying that we're not going to work today.

Odd.

Dropping down the garments I already got in my hands back in the cabinet, I walked towards my bed and lied down again.

On second thought, I rushed out of my bedroom and went straight to the kitchen in case I find him there. As usual, I put on my cheery morning face to greet him but all I found in the kitchen was Rachel preparing breakfast. "Good morning," I smiled at her timidly.

"Good morning. I made breakfast," She pushed a plate filled with pancakes and strawberry syrup on top towards me. She also poured milk on two glasses and she gave me the other one.

"Where are you going to bring that?" I pertained to the tray of foods on her hands.

"Upstairs to Mr. Park," She answered.

"Can I do it?" I smiled cheekily at her while she grimaced in return. Right, she might find me weird for doing that.

"Actually, Mr. Park told me not to let you in inside of his room."

"Oh," My face fell in an instant. So he's avoiding me again? What is really up with him? "Okay, go ahead." I sheepishly smiled at her.

I took the plate of pancakes and glass of milk in the dining room and that is where I vented my pent up anger towards him. I can't stress him out even more. Yesterday, we didn't talk like our lives are not related. Last night our chitchats in the rain felt like we're the closest friends. And now, we're back to the former.

I thought it was only going to last for the entire morning that maybe tonight he'll start talking to me again. But the jerk really stayed all day and night inside his room.

Just like an idiot, I keep strolling in the hallway outside Jimin's room. I don't know what he's up to so I placed my ear on the door in case I can hear anything from it. To my dismay, it was utterly quiet inside.

I lean on the wall and pouted like a child. What is his problem this time?

Suddenly, the door swung open and I flinched. I thought that it might be finally Jimin going out to get some fresh air when it was actually just Rachel. She's holding a tray with an empty glass and a single spoon. I smiled at her and she returned it as a sign of courtesy before going down the stairs. I somehow hoped that she'll tell me what is going on is inside but she just walked past me.

As I ran out of luck that Jimin will go out from his den, I went straight to my bedroom and force myself to sleep.

=====

I look at my phone and it's currently three in the morning. My eyes decided to open at this time of the day without any reason. I suddenly can't go back to sleep so I decided to go to the kitchen and grab myself some milk.

All of a sudden, I heard screams from Jimin's room as I try to bring a glass of milk in my room. Instead of turning the knob of my door, I turned Jimin's. I know he'd kill me for doing this without his permission but I'm just worried. His shouts turned into soft whimpers.