Chapter 3 : Home

Knowing that Jimin purposely wasted my time yesterday at the office, I decided not to go to work today. The day is too nice to squander it in the office, so instead, I'll be spending some quality time with myself first.

Once I got into the kitchen, I grabbed the tray of eggs and started mixing it with a few ingredients to make egg rolls. The atmosphere felt kinda stiff so I took my speaker from the living room and shuffled my playlist. 'Gimme That' boomed from the speakers and I started to cook with a much better spirit.

The moment I was done cooking and placing the finished products on a platter, I heard my ringtone from the living room so I briefly checked who was calling.

Ryan.

I didn't tell him that I will take a leave for today. Well, even our boss didn't know. I just needed to take a rest, partly because of work but mostly because of Jimin.

Two years seemed too long, especially now that Jimmy passed down the company to his son. I can't help but wonder if he had been well, realizing how much those two hate each other at least seeing Jimin as a whole is a sign that maybe everything went well between their father and son relationship.

The first time that we've seen each other and he pisses me off. I know how mad and disgusted he is at me, but it already happened years ago, and now he is coming back to play some mini-games with me.

I spent the first part of my day watching movies and being bored to death.

Scrolling through my social media accounts, I stumbled upon Lana's post. I'm happy that she is having fun with her work in Las Vegas. She is now a certified photographer with many clients and not just that, he gets to travel around too.

Despite her breakup with Taehyung a year ago she managed to continue living her life to the fullest.

I was busy playing when an unknown number flashed on my screen and I knew better so I didn't answer it. I ignored it until the caller gave up on contacting me.

After I advanced to level nine, someone abruptly knocked on the door and I was intrigued by the person's rudeness. I unlocked it and I almost shrieked when I saw who it is.

I immediately regretted opening swinging the door open when I saw his head tilting down to my chest and slightly grinned. My cheeks burn when I realized something.

I'm not wearing a bra.

Rudely, I closed the door again and ran upstairs to grab lingerie and put it on. Once I got into the front door again, he is still standing on the porch with a wide smirk on his face. "What are you doing here Jimin?"

He is still as charismatic as ever with those black shades and fashionable ear piercings.

"I need the files." He answered straightforwardly.

"Don't you understand why people leave work for a while? It's because they need to rest, just get the files tomorrow." I was about to shut the door in front of his face when his hand stopped me from doing so.

"Let me in or I'll tell your boss you avoid working with me so I'll look for another accounting firm." Jimin clearly knows how to threaten me in regards to my job.

My shoulders fell in disbelief before opening the door widely. "Welcome," I deadpanned.

I followed him while he roams my house. He removed his coat and placed it on the coat racks. His sudden gestured revealed his tattoos on his arms that never left my mind in the beginning when we first... did something.

"Get your laptop, I'll tell you the details." He ordered and I obliged unwillingly. Stomping my feet up in my room, I went down with my stuff and other work-related paraphernalia. 

The rest of my supposedly free time was occupied with too much workload. "You're gonna get fired if you keep leaving work without any notice." He suddenly muttered which confused me.

"Isn't this working already?" I remarked and then he timidly laughed.

"You've become sassier." He teased and I rolled my eyes. The other day I still had the audacity to call him with formalities for old time's sake but now I'm throwing it all away because he truly is pissing me off.

I ignored his statement and continued typing numbers on the digital spreadsheet. It was all placid when a hand suddenly travels on my thighs. I slapped his hand off of my skin and I feel slightly offended.

Placing my laptop on the table, I looked at him in a serious manner. "Jimin I know you were mad at me for the things that happened in the past-"

"Uh, uh. I'm still furious about it." He cuts off as he tried to correct me.

"Okay, you're still mad." I conceded. "But that doesn't give you permission to be like... this towards me." He slowly moves his face towards me while I back away with all of my might.

When I don't have enough space to move backward on the couch, I decided to stand up to avoid him. "What is wrong with you?!" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

Oh, how I missed that sound.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop. Just continue your work." He said before moving a little further from my space on the couch. He gestured for me to sit down again and I hesitated for a bit.

For the next few seconds of being convinced that he will remain steady at his place, I slowly went back to my place and covered my legs with the pillow before putting the laptop back on.

He really did stay in his place until you finished doing the necessary things. After the completion of the files, he asked me for a glass of juice and it will be discourteous of me to not fulfill a guest's wish.

So I made an orange juice in the kitchen while he waits in the living room.

It is still a mystery to me on how did he find my new address. So far, only my family, Ryan, and Yoongi knows where I live. Later I'll ask Yoongi if he was the one who gave Jimin the information.

After filling the glass pitcher of orange liquid, I placed it on a tray along with a glass. I eventually have to turn around to the direction of the living room and when I did, I came crashing towards someone, and luckily he got ahold of the pitcher and the glass before it shatters into pieces on the floor.

But that doesn't mean his pure white shirt wasn't tainted by orange. "I told you to just wait in the living room!" I cried out.

"Geez, you're welcome, Elise." He looks annoyed at what happened to his precious top but he managed to put the glasses down the sink.

My eyes wanted to spin in aggravation but instead, it darted down his abdomen who is now visible thanks to the orange juice.

"Eyes up, missy." He snaps and I shake my head. When I look at his face there's another wide grin painted on his face.

"Can we talk honestly?" I suddenly questioned.

"Wow, honestly? Impressive." He scoffed and I can vaguely hear his sarcasm.

"What are you really doing here aside from taunting me?" I asked. "Don't tell me it's because of work when I can clearly spell the words 'ulterior motives' on your face." I crossed both my arms in front of my chest.

He sneered at me. "It's good that you know," He stepped forward while I moved the opposite. When I felt my back hitting the kitchen island, I already realized that I have no way out from Jimin.

I lifted my chin in an attempt to look like I'm not intimidated by his face which is becoming only an inch closer to mine. "You've changed." He breathes and it smelled like mint.

"I can say the same for yourself too." I raised an eyebrow. His hands were now placed on my waist and I can't deny that there is sexual tension going on. When I noticed how his plump lips are slowly moving to crash onto mine, I closed my eyes tightly.

"We've both changed." He whispered on my left ear and I can feel his hot breath touching my neck and I opened my eyes.

"I'm over you and I can sense that you've fallen for me even more." He added before leaving me alone in the kitchen and I sigh in bewilderment.