Chapter 49 : Signs

7 Years Later...

"Jelly! It's time for your bath!" I yelled downstairs with her new set of clothes in my hands. "Stop playing on Uncle Yoongi's computer!"

"Coming," Her voice is so soft. She didn't even yell back; I think she's still focused on the game she's playing.

I waited for a few seconds, but I didn't hear footsteps coming down. Sighing,  I placed her bath necessities on one table and ran upstairs. Earphones tucked in both ears and eyes wide open on the game she's playing. How did this kid even hear me? "Jelly..." I called once more. Leaning on the wall, I stared at her.

For a six-year-old girl, she matures faster. "Jacqueline Elisa..." I said through gritted teeth, and she groaned, removing her earphones. "I said you have to take a bath," I tilted my head on one side.

"I just took a bath yesterday!" She whined. As much as I want to laugh, I maintained a blank face.

"Didn't I tell you that you have to take a bath every single day?" I frowned. "Besides, it's already noon. Uncle Yoongi will take us to a fancy restaurant later!" I exclaimed, trying to gain her attention.

"But I want fastfood..." She pouted.

"We'll get you one too, just take a bath," I timidly shake my head at the thought of this kid. I still remember that time when I first carried her into my arms at the hospital. She's an angel, and now I feel what my parents felt about me sometimes.

With that, she widely opened her arms, and I picked her up from her seat. We went downstairs, and there I gave her a bubble bath. "Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Isn't today your birthday?" She curiously inquired. I smiled sheepishly at her question before pouring a little amount of shampoo in my hand.

"Yes, and you didn't kiss me happy birthday," I faked a frown.

"There were no balloons in the house, I thought it's not your birthday," She said as she played with water while I wash her hair.

"Mommy doesn't like balloons that much," I said.

=====

"Can I have a happy meal so I can get that Hello Kitty thingy?" Jelly tugged the ends of my shirt.

"Of course, sweetie," I looked down and smiled at her. Yoongi elbowed me gently on my side. "What?" I hissed.

"Can I get one too?" I don't know if he is joking, but the look on his face says otherwise.

"Yoongi for Pete's sake, you're thirty-four," I rolled my eyes at him. Instead of taking back what he said, he continued giving me puppy eyes and eventually, I gave up. "Fine, what toy?"

"The Hello Kitty too, I'll give it to Li'l Meow," He excitedly muttered.

After we ordered what they wanted, we waited for a couple of minutes on one table. Initially, we planned to visit an old and particularly exquisite restaurant here for dinner. But since Jelly is picky when it comes to food, we had to stop by McDonald's.

Later on, we journeyed on the way to the said restaurant, and as expected, there are a minimal amount of people in it. Fortunately, the restaurant allows food from other stores, or else we would've chosen a different one because Jelly wouldn't be able to eat alongside with us.

Once I'm done fixing Jelly's happy meal on the table, the waitress arrived, handed out menus, and waited for us to pick our dishes. "What's yours?" Yoongi quickly asked.

"I'll have steak and this one," I pointed at a large bowl of soup that attracted me on the photo. The waitress immediately wrote it down on her notepad.