CHAPTER 6

My chest ached with what I just heard inside that damned room. I was about to cry but I stopped myself. Andra is pulling my wrists to the elevator.

I silently thanked her for pulling me out of my misery. I don't want her to witness how someone broke me into pieces. But damn! Ang sakit lang. Ang sakit sakit lang.

"What the hell are you doing there, wallflower?" Nagtatakang tanong niya habang hinihila ako papasok ng elevator.

I gulped so hard trying to stop the thing that's clogging my throat.

"N-nothing." I blinked to keep the tears.

"I've been looking for you everywhere! And here you are watching some fucked up presscon? When did you learned to be interested in showbiz, girl?" She rolled her eyes at me and crossed her arms to her chest.

The elevator went down back to the hallway and the event hall where the auction is.

"I... I..." I don't know what to tell her. Baka madulas ako at masabi ko sa kanya kung ano ang ginagawa ko doon.

My hands gripped my purse so hard. I want to get out of here. I don't want to stay here any more seconds.

"Oh forget it! Come on wallflower this night will be amazing!" She evilly laughed.

"You're chosen as one of the ladies who will be uhmm... auctioned tonight? So am I, damn us gorgeous!"

Wait... what? Auction? I am going to be auctioned?

"Oh no no no Andra! I am not going to auction myself! I need to-" go home.

Hindi niya na ko pinatapos sa pagsasalita at hinila niya na ako patungo sa stage. My heart hammered inside me when I found myself standing beside her along with all of the other ladies being auctioned. Oh gosh.

Maglalakad na sana ako pababa ng stage nang pigilan ako ng host.

"This lady in red is now to bid! One night date with this beautiful woman and the proceeds will be given to her chosen charity. Amount starting from fifteen thousand dollars! Anyone?" The host gently pushed me at the center where the spotlight is.

Hindi na maipinta ang mukha ko dahil sa matinding kaba. What am I doing here!?

"Fifteen thousand dollars!" A man at the left side bid. He smirked at me.

I know him. He's the competitor of Rafaelle in his gaming business. Spade Maximus Vallientero.

"Do I hear sixteen thousand dollars?" The host bid.

"Sixteen thousand!" An old man shouted. I cringe.

"Seventeen!" Spade answered.

" Twenty thousand anyone?"

The bidding continued. Maraming mga kalalakihan ang nagpataasan ng kanilng bid sakin. And I am so not happy with whatever is happening right now!

Hindi ako ganitong klaseng babae!

But this is a decent auction. It's just a date. Nobody's going to get mad at you. Raven already have another woman.

I tightly closed my eyes and reopened them. Only to see Raven's eyes looking at me with shock as he entered the event hall.

My heart clenched at the sight of him. Cheater. Liar. Two-timer!

My rationality's suddenly gone. I think I wanted to be auctioned tonight than bear the pain in my chest. I saw Lexyr wrapped her hands on him.

"Do I hear thirty thousand?"

The bidding is getting higher and higher. But someone's voice echoed the event hall that made everyone stopped.