Chapter 24

The song's a bit old but the message and music is good that it made me emotional.

__________

ARIA

I don't know what to say. I just hugged him and he let me.

"Shhhh..."

"It's all my fucking fault!" He cried on my neck. I can feel his hot tears streaming down my shoulder.

I don't know what to say...

I don't know how to comfort him...

It was his 19th birthday when Maria died. They had an evening yacht party to celebrate it with their friends and relatives. They're having a blast that time. The usual party of teens. Wild and uncontrollable. 

"If i kept an eye on her... she wouldn't be dead..."

He was drunk with his friends. I heard that Farrei and Zero was there too. He lazily looked for Maria and saw the woman on the deck with her friends. They're having a game and some were dancing. Alcohol and smoke everywhere. They also had party drugs that time! Then suddenly, Maria fell from the deck. 

"I already moved on... but the guilt is still here..." 

His birthday was supposed to be a celebration. Kaso, nangyari ang insidente. He says Maria can't swim. They had a search and rescue operation but no Maria was found. Years later, they just accepted her death. 

Kung tutuusin wala siyang kasalanan. Hindi nila alam ang nangyayari dahil aksidente lang ang lahat base sa kuwento niya. Ni hindi niya nga nakita kung paano nalaglag ang babae sa deck dahil halos manlabo na raw ang kanyang paningin dahil sa alak at party drugs. 

Hindi niya kasalanan. Pero hindi ko sinasabing tama ang naging klase ng celebration nila. We all know what drugs can do to the human body. What more when they're having a party and they're under the influence of alcohol and drugs? Doble na ang epekto noon sa katawan. But who am I para pakialamanan pa ang mga iyon?

Hindi na maibabalik ang nakaraan. He just have to accept that everything was an accident. 

"I killed her... right? I just killed... her." He cried his hearts out on me. 

Wala akong ginawa kundi ang yakapin siya ng mahigpit at iparamdam sa kaniya na hindi siya nag-iisa. Kung nasaan man si Maria, I know she will not be happy seeing Alexus like this. 

"Hindi mo kasalanan... aksidente ang lahat..." Bulong ko sa kanya at hinaplos ang kanyang ulo. 

He just cried silently. 

Ilang minuto ang lumipas at hindi parin siya tumatahan. Wala ring salita na lumalabas sa bibig ko para mapagaan ang loob niya. Kaya isa lang ang alam kong paraan...

I felt his muscle tensed when he heard my voice sing the first line. I heard it when my father used to sing this when he's alone thinking of my mom.

"I've dealt with my ghosts and faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret..."

I closed my eyes and remember those days when papa's still alive. He's a mother and a father to me. He gave me nothing but love and I never asked for more.

"Aria..." He called and removed his face from my neck.

"I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself..." 

He looked at me with confusion. It seems like he's not familiar with the song I'm Moving On by Rascal Flatts.

Umiling lang ako at binigyan siya ng matamis na ngiti. Hindi ko mabasa ang emosyon sa mamula-mula niyang mga mata mula sa kaiiyak. I don't see him weak right now. He's brave for letting me see him hurting.