Chapter 15

ALEXUS

I CLOSED the door gently.

Hindi ko mapigilang iwasan ang usapan na iyon. Kahit gaano ko pa gustuhing ilabas ang bigat na iyon, hindi pwede. I can't. I can't let Aria know it.

And I don't want her to know even a single thing about it.

Just by thinking of it makes my chest clench with pain.

I walked silently to my room. I grabbed my keys and my phone. Agad na nagtungo ako sa basement kung saan nakaparada ang mahigit fifty cars of different models and brands.

Sumakay ako sa Porche. Pinaharurot ko iyon hanggang sa makalabas ako ng property.

That place is my safe haven. Iyon lang ang lugar kung saan pwede kong gawin ang lahat ng bagay na gusto kong gawin nang walang sino man ang pipigil. Not even my father.

My hands tightly gripped the steering wheel.

My father.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number while driving myself to the restaurant where I'll be meeting my clients. .

"Alex! I'm glad you called me, my son!" Enthusiasm is evident from his voice. I can't help but to sighed deeply and pretend that I'm fine.

"Hey dad! I received your message. What do you want to talk about? Anyway I'm driving."  

Iniliko ko ang sasakyan patungo sa main road. Malayo pa ito sa city kaya mga ilang oras na biyahe pa siguro ang aabutin ko. I should've used my chopper. Unfortunately, its under maintenance.

"Oh wrong timing. I just want to inform you that Alrius went missing again. I don't know what to do to that bastard anymore. If you have a contact with him, tell him to come home." 

My father sounds so depressed at the other line. What's new? Only Alrius do that to him. After all, all I did in my entire life is to follow the will of the mighty Alfredo Mardoni while my older brother always go against him. 

I really admire the braveness of my brother to defile him. He always stood on what he thinks was best for him. He never had second thoughts disobeying my father. I was never like him. I'm the goody-good-son to the mighty Alfredo - the reason why he trusted the MAPS to me and not to Alrius. 

My brother doesn't really care to whom the company will land. He just want to live his life to the fullest. 

"Okay, papa. I'll certainly call you once he contact me." I assured him. 

"Si... Si... Also, O.M. is looking for you. You haven't called h--"  I instantly cut him off. If there's one thing I can disrespect him, that is about O.M.

"Don't worry, papa. I will call." 

I quickly ended up the call. My fists grasped the leather covering the steering wheel as my breath started to rage. 

I PARKED my Porche when I reached an Italian Restaurant in Paris. I gave the valet my keys and head to the receptionist. 

"Reservations sir?" The lady blinked when she saw me walking towards her. I gave her my smirk. Bigla siyang namula. Great. That's how you need to react when a Mardoni approaches you. 

"Alexus Mardoni, my lady?" 

She quickly led me to the VIP room. I kissed her cheek and thank her. Namula siya at parang wala sa sariling umalis. 

I laughed inwardly when I heard a sound of broken glasses. Natabig niya ang isang waiter. Napailing na lang ako at pumasok na sa loob ng VIP. 

"Good evening gentlemen." I greeted my friends.