Chapter 29

ALEXUS

I can't help but to stifle a smile when she ended the call. Damn. I think I could get used to this. Me calling her in the morning, then she'll ask if I'm at work already, then the conversation goes on and on.

I couldn't contain my happiness. The satisfaction and contentment is pulsating inside me. And I know that she is the reason.

A knock from the door pulled me back to my office. Nasa isang office branch ako ng MAPS. I still need to handle this company too. Dahil kailangan kong patunayan kay papa na kaya ko ang daang pinili ko kasama ang architecture firm ko.

"Come in."

I leaned on my swivel chair and look at the man who entered my office. Hindi ko mapigilang paningkitan ng mga mata ang lalaki.

I faked my smile and fixed my face. I can't let them see that I'm killing them inside my head.

"Mr. Morgan it's good to see you here." You're not actually welcome in my territory.

Careful Alex. We can't screw things up if you want your freedom. As long as my pawns to my game are still on the run, I can't let my guards down to the opponent's king.

He smiled at me and sat on the couch in front of my desk.

"Good morning, Alex. I came here to inform you about the final date of the-"

I stopped him immediately. Masakit na sa tenga ang paulit-ulit na usapang ito. Why are they in a hurry?

"Why are you in a rush, Mr. Morgan? Can't I enjoy my life first before that date?"

I pierced my eyes to his. He tried to blink and looked away. I know that the moment he entered my office and the restaurant, there's something wrong.

"R-rush? Who says I'm in a rush? I just think that it's the perfect time for it since we waited long enough." He said. Trying to brush off the nervousness.

Hindi dapat ako magpapatinag pero kailangan kong makipaglaro sa larong inumpisahan ko. Even though I'm hunted by my past, I still owe something to them. Pero hindi ako magpapakampante sa ngayon.

He wants to toy me? Well, pagbibigyan kita Mr. Morgan.

Not until I got the confirmation I needed from my men, I'll play as your toy.

I learned about some dark secrets about him and his family.

"I don't think I'll be free for that day, Mr. Morgan. I have two companies to run and a new branch expansion in Italy. My schedule are still full."

He furrowed his brows and look at me.

"Can't you cancel some of your activities just for that day?"

I smirked.

"Who are you to ask me that?" My voice mocking.

"I'm your soon-to-be-fa-"

I stopped him again. Tired of hearing bullshits.

"Do you think I'll really cancel my activities and busy schedule? Give me six months. I'll decide whether to continue that or not."

Shock is visible on his face. I saw his fist balled on the couch. I place my hand on my lips and played it.

"I don't think we can wait another six months, Mardoni..." he stood up and walk to the door.

I silently watch his moves.

"Or else everything you have will be gone. I don't think you'll like the rat's life, right?" He smirked