||E X T R A II||

It was officially time for the choosing of the tri-wizard tournaments champions to be chosen

Kathy was gripping onto the ending of her bench as she was watching the flames that were ignited on the goblet, it was beautiful to watch but also very unnerving.

Sat next to Kathy was a grumpy Penelope, whom had been forced to join the brunette to hall despite her whining and kicking.

Penelope has arrived in a strop, but the second she sat down on the bench and the hall quietened down, all that confidence and ignorance was washed away and reality hit her.

Which caused Kathy to be even worse.

Penelope being nervous meant it was a bad situation.

It was Thursday evening, and instead of stressing out over homework, she was sat in the hall with all the ecstatic younger years.

"Sit down please." Dumbledore addressed everyone, "And now the moment
you've all been waiting for, the champions
selection!"

Dumbledore approached the roaring goblet, where the flames burst into a scarlet fire before spitting out paper which he caught.

"The Durmstrang Champion is..." he ready out loud, "Viktor Krum!"

The Durmstrang boys cheered loudly and applauded their champion, who marched forward with confidence and collecting the paper.

Dumbledore shook his hand and handed over the paper before sending him away.

The flames flared again and another name flew out, more delicately than the last.

"The champion from Beauxbatons champion is..." he paused for tension, "Fleur Delacour"

The schools joined in applaud, some of the Beuxbatons looking disappointed that they weren't chosen, but the boys clapped the most for the Veela.

The flames roared for attention again, and Kathy clenched her death harder and looked down at the table in anticipation.

"The Hogwarts champion is...Cedric Diggory!" He announced.

The Hogwarts students cheered loudly as Cedric got up with lightly blushed cheeks and huge grin on his face, he made his way to Dumbledore and soon retreated to where the other champions were.

Kathy's face fell and she looked over to Penelope who was staring at her plate.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions!
But in the end only one will go down
in history. Only one will hoist this
chalice of champions, this vessel of
victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore stated, being rewarded with applauds from the great hall.

The goblet let out a strange sound, and everyone looked up to the goblet to see it flash red and spurt out another name.

"Harry Potter" he muttered, "Harry Potter!"

Kathy gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, "oh no..."

The teenage boy was pushed up by a bushy haired witch, he stumbled forward in hesitation and looked down at the paper before soon disappearing, the shouts and mutters filled the room.

But soon the fire flashed another colour, and Kathy shook her head in refusal.

Kathy watched as a familiar Ravenclaw jumped out of her seat and marched towards the great hall's door before Dumbledore could even read out the name.

"Rosie Deaver"