//A W K W A R D//

"Darling, can you pass me the salt please?" Kathy's mother asked her as they were making a soup to take over to one of Katy's mothers friends

"Yes, mum" Kathy obliged before handing over the salt and continuing to stir the soup.

"Alright, we should be done soon. Will you be coming along?" She asked her daughter, who though about it.

"Sure, I haven't exactly been out the house in two weeks" Kathy shrugged, it was the truth and she hated it.

Even though she managed to main in contact with her friends through owls, her parents were worried about what would happen if she was let out the house, with a war brewing and all that.

Especially because of her powers.

"Alright, let me put it in a tub and we'll head over to the house" her mother smiled, "you go get changed into actual clothes"

Kathy nodded and gave her mum a small smile before trodding along and going up the stairs.

                    ———–––•*•–––———

Her mother's friend actually turned out to be Molly Weasley, which Kathy was extremely happy about.

"Oh! You just missed some of the kids...they went out to grab some supplies with Arthur" Molly exclaimed as she let the women into the house, Kathy looking around the place and feeling a warmth settle within her.

"Your house is very lovely, Mrs Weasley" Kathy smiled, causing Molly to gush.

"Oh! Please, call me Molly" the woman offered, and Kathy accepted with a nod.

The three of them sat down of the sofa as molly began to eat the soup, turns out she was feeling overwhelmed and very stressed.

Soon enough the three of them heard a loud crashing sound and two of the witches jolted as Molly let out an annoyed sigh.

"That's the twins, with their stupid projects. They won't stop using their wands..." Molly explained to the other two.

Then their was a sound of footsteps rushing down the stairs, "hey mum, do you have..."

The person stopped talking as they spotted the two guests.

"Hi George" Kathy waved over to him, and he waved back with a friendly smile.

"Wait till Fred knows you're here" George smirked, causing Kathy's mum to shoot the young brunette a look.

"What do you mean wait till Fred knows she's here?" Molly demanded her son to explain, causing Kathy to sink into the sofa as her mother glanced around the scene.

"Oh merlin! Are you two dating?!" Her mum exclaimed, squealing with excitement causing Kathy to wince.

"What?!" Molly Squealed, and the two women began to talk about everything like weddings...

"George!" Kathy whined as she stood up and walked over to the tall ginger head.

"I didn't know that they didn't know..." George half-apologised.

"We're not even dating, yet"

"Yet..." George pointed out what she had said herself, causing her to let out a huff.

More footsteps was heard and Kathy's mother looked over to the stairs like a hawk as Fred approached the bottom with a gobsmacked look.

He then held his hands up, "whatever it was, I didn't do it"

George wrapped his arm around Kathy's shoulder to make it more obvious to his twin, who's eyes widened.

"Hey, Kathy" Fred waved awkwardly, and Kathy gave him one back.

Molly gestured for the other three to leave and soon the two awkward teens were left together.

Fred approaches Kathy first and wrapped her up into a hug, not seeing her for two weeks was too much for him.

Kathy wrapped her own arms around his waist-the only place she could reach-and pulled him close to her.

"I missed you" he cooed down at the girl.

"I missed you too" she looked up and smiled at him.