Prologue: First Goodbye

"Hyungiee?" an 11 year-old boy called throughout the music room and carefully steps inside.

The room was large, and spacious. Walls were sporting a caramel color, with fairy lights adorning every corner of it. A single brown piano occupies the middle of the room, making it the center of attraction.

The boy quickly looks around and calls again, hoping that the one he was searching for is just hiding and was ready to surprise him.

Soon enough, a boy - who looks like the same age as him maybe because of his height - emerges from behind the piano, smiling widely.

Raven was the color of his hair, and his cheeks wears a very evident pink flush. He has a cute buttoned nose and his eyes are small, resembling that of a cat.

"Chimmy!!" the boy exclaimed excitedly, before sprinting towards his playmate.

The other boy just giggled and opens his arms wide, indicating that he wants a hug in which the former obliged.

They stay right there in a hug for a few minutes. Neither of them wanted to break away, but the voice behind them did.

"Oh Yoongi and Jimin? Are you having a little session again?" the voice was sweet, and a little playful. It belongs to a woman dressed in a red velvet dress which hugs her curves perfectly. Besides her was a much smaller boy who looks not more than a 10-year-old, who is clinging tightly to the woman's expensive dress.

"Eomma!" the raven-haired boy screeched, his pink cheeks earlier was replaced with red ones.

"Yes Yoongi, i know. No more teasing." the woman said and chuckles. "Anyways, what are you and Jimin actually doing here? The party is outside,"

The other boy, whose name is Jimin, beamed and smiles widely, making his eyes somewhat disappear. "We're playing hide and seek!"

The woman was in awe, due to the boy's cuteness and was on the verge of pinching his cheeks when his son pulls Jimin away.

"No pinching! It will hurt chim!" Yoongi stated, voice full of childish authority.

Mrs. Min just laughs and pats Yoongi's head gently, "Of course sweetie, no one can dare hurt your precious chim."

Yoongi smiles widely, showcasing his gummy smile.

Mrs. Min was supposed to say something when she felt a thug on her dress. The boy besides her was looking at her with his big doe eyes.

"Eomma, im hungry." the boy said and pouts. Mrs. Min smiles sweetly, before pinching the boy's cheeks.

"Do you want to slice your birthday cake now kookie?" His mom asked. The boy just nod in response.

Jimin, on the other hand, squeels in delight. "Kookie's cake! I wanna try kookie's cake! Hyungie, let's eat some cake" he exclaimed while pulling Yoongi's arm excitedly.

"No Minnie, too much sweet is bad. You ate some ice cream earlier, right?"

"But --"

"How about this? if you can play me the song i taught you on the piano then i'll give you a slice of cake."

Jimin thinks for a moment, then nods his head in agreement. Yoongi giggles and gestures for Jimin to seat on the stool right next to the grand piano.

Mrs. Min just look at the two boys with a soft smile. Admiring the two's friendship. Although her smile suddenly turns into a frown when she remembered something.

Something that would definitely break the two boy's heart.

--

3 years later

Easy to say that Jimin's admiration for his hyung is too big and too hard to hide. Jimin admires everything about Yoongi. From his skin as pale as the snow, his pink and small lips, nose, but most importantly, his eyes. Eyes that shows the most brightest stars.

Jimin knew that even if he doesn't quite understand it yet, he likes Yoongi. More than a childhood playmate.

Maybe that's why he decided to blurt out the one thought that he've been thinking about lately.

"Marry me hyung." Jimin said out of the blue.

Yoongi's fingers suddenly stopped from pressing the piano's keys, making the faded echo of the sound vibrate throughout the vast music room, leaving the two boys in silence.

Neither of them utter a word. They were speechless, especially Yoongi. He can feel his heart beating almost too loudly, afraid that it might burst out of his chest any sooner.

"Minnie," Yoongi called, with the special nickname he gave to the younger.

Jimin just hummed in response while swaying his feet back and forth, oblivious of his hyung staring at him.

"You can't marry me minnie," The older said, making Jimin look at him with a sad frown.

"Why not? Don't you like me, hyung?"

Yoongi's breath hitches on his throat when he saw the younger's rejected face. Out of all the things he hate, a sad Jimin is in the top of the list.

But he knows the younger's face will sport more than that when he learned what tomorrow will bring. And Yoongi suddenly can hear his heart shatter.

"We're still young Minnie. Im 15 and you're 14, we can't marry yet." Yoongi explained, and pats Jimin's hair.

"When we get older,"

"Older?" Jimin asked with his head tilted to the side.

Yoongi nods and took his hand, interlacing Jimin's fingers into his own. It was a perfect fit, like it was made for each other.

"We can wait, right Minnie? Promise me you'll wait for me," Yoongi asked softly and squeezes Jimin's hand gently.

If only the younger knew that Yoongi isn't talking about marriage.

Jimin smiles his famous eye disappearing one and pecks Yoongi on the cheek, before standing up. Leaving the older in a blushing mess.

"I love you Yoonie." Jimin confessed.

Yoongi was already used to Jimin saying that he loves him since the younger will always, without fail, tell him those words everyday.

But somehow this time it felt different. And Yoongi felt another piece of his heart shattering.

"I will always wait for you Yoonie, so wait for me too okay?" Jimin stated and hugs Yoongi tight. As if Yoongi will be gone the moment he lets him go,

It was bittersweet. Young love is.

It wasn't too long when Yoongi regretted everything he didn't do that night.

---- 💞