Epilogue: The Brown Piano

So we're here at the last chapter folks, and it's actually hard to write this when my heart itself doen't want to finish this story,

But we all know this has to come to an end.

As i said before, i am internally grateful for the support, love, and enthusiasm that you had gave to this story since day 1 — and i have never felt more than happy that i have decided to share and write this with you.

Thank you so much.

Borahae 💜

--- ☪

Everything happens for a reason; Jimin had proved that to be true.

May that reason be painful, happy, sad, or all things in between — it all comes down to one thing; Fate.

Fate really has a way of swirling and drowning you into total confusement, making you start questioning your life and why you are living.

Fate has a way to put you upside down, and Jimin had proved that also to be true.

So now, as Jimin scans his eyes at the old instrument infront of him; he can't help but reminisce.

The brown piano, who is the witness of the first time his heart flutters, and the first time he felt butterflies in his stomach, still stood tall and proud in the middle of the music room.

Despite being old and its textures are now rough, Jimin still brushes his fingers throught it, as he starts pressing the keys one by one.

Every sound emitting from a key signifies one memory, painful or memorable, and it makes Jimin smile.

He keeps on pressing those keys as waves of memories surge through his mind, and Jimin was busy remembering it that's why he didn't noticed a pair of footsteps walking his way towards him.

"There you are Jimin. Why are you here? The party is outside,"

Jimin didn't flinch nor turn his head towards the owner of the voice,

He doesn't have to because he knows who that is.

In fact, he was actually waiting for him.

"Play that song again," Jimin said.

He felt the person sat down beside him with the familiar warmth that he came to love.

"What song?"

Jimin stops pressing, and looks at the person besides him.

"That melody you used to play when we were kids. You know? The melody that pulls me closer to a certain kid named Min Yoongi," he replied and smiles, as he took the person's hands and places it on top of the keys.

"Please Yoonie?"

He heard Yoongi sighs, but still get ready to play nevertheless.

As Yoongi starts to play, Jimin was suddenly brought back to the past; a place where he told himself before that he wanted to stay.

[Please play the video ↓ ]

Jimin remembers how that same melody captures his young heart, and much more the pianist himself.

He remembers how it felt when he first met Yoongi; how those same brown eyes stares into his own.