26: What If

Is it wrong to write the ending chapter in advance?

If it is then i am sorry in advance 🙇

--- ☪

"So i heard,"

Yoongi looks up from scrolling through his phone at Seokjin, who is eating some ramyun on the couch beside his bed.

Jimin had already went home, happily and glowing, and due to Tae's eagerness of knowing what's behind it; Jimin couldn't help but tell everyone about the proposal.

Everyone was shock, but shouted congratulatory messages anyways. Including Jungkook, who got his bunny eyes wide at the announcement.

Yoongi stares at the eldest, and raise a brow, "What?"

"When's the wedding?"

Yoongi smiles at the question, "Maybe before the surgery, i just want it to be sooner though." He replied and saw Seokjin frown.

The blue-hair man tilted his head to the side, as he raise an eyebrow.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

It was Seokjin's turn to raise a brow, "Nothing, i'm just curious that's all."

"Curious about what?"

"You and your decision,"

Yoongi stares at hin quizically, not understanding what the elder meant by his words.

"I know you. You don't do those kind of decisions in a rash,"

Yoongi narrows his eyes at Seokjin as he sensed where this conversation is going, "Your point is?" he asked in an irritated voice.

"Don't you think it's too early? I mean, getting married is not an easy feat"

Yoongi scoffs, "You sound like you don't want me to marry Jimin -"

"Or maybe it's the other way around?"

Yoongi froze at that remark, and looks at Seokjin in disbelief.

He really doesn't have an idea on what's going on in Jin's mind but one of the things he know about is; Seokjin always have an idea on what's going on with everything and everyone.

It's like he has an undeniable instinct, the the eldest always trust.

So even if Yoongi try to hide or deny the truth, Seokjin will always find it out.

Always.

"H-Hyung -"

"Tell me Yoongi, this is also about something else right?"

Yoongi shakes his head in denial, "It wasn't -"

"Yoongi."

Seokjin's voice was too firm and serious, it made Yoongi's body tremble slightly.

"I-I just don't feel good about this - about this donor. I don't know, something feels wrong" Yoongi said in a small voice while his head hung low.

He grips on the blanket tightly, hia knuckles began to turn whiter, even if he's already pale, and veins keep popping out of it.

It was true, something doesn't feel so right about it; according to Yoongi's instinct.

He's afraid that the donor might back out,

Or worst -

"so you want to marry Jimin as soon as possible, to fullfill your promise before it's too late? Because you're afraid you might not make it?"

Seokjin took the words straight out of Yoongi's mouth, as if he was a mind-reader; and the younger of the two can only nod.

It is the main reason why he decided to propose to Jimin earlier, and wants to marry him as soon as possible,

'Cause he knows that he doesn't have that much time; he can feel it, his body can.

He feels weaker and weaker each passing day ever since he went back home in Korea and he knows it can only take a matter of weeks or even days before the disease took over him.

He's afraid that it's too late, that his body might reject the transplant.

Yoongi bites his lower lip hard as he tries to stop the tears from falling down, making it bleed in the process.

"Oh Yoongi, you're being too much on yourself," he heard Seokjin sigh as he sits down on the bed infront of Yoongi.

"Nothing is going to happen that is bad, trust me. Don't be too hard on yourself,"

"What if it's the truth? It's fate? That i am fated to die and leave Jimin again?" Yoongi quiff, and felt hot tears trailing down on his cheeks.

He aggressively tries to wipe it, but it just keeps falling and falling.

"I-I shouldn't have come back - I s-should've just -"

"What if it's the opposite?" Seokjin asked, cutting his words off.

Yoongi blinks at him who just keeps staring at him seriously, sniffling in between.

"What if fate told you that you're going to live? You know how the skies above always want to test us, to know how strong we are. What if fate isn't really fucked up like you think?"

Yoongi's mind tried to process Seokjin's words.

What if all he said is true? That he's just too caught up in all the negatives to even think about the positives? That he's just overthinking about things?

That he's not really going to die?

Yoongi's mind started to get clouded with endless possibilities so he didn't noticed Seokjin was already pulling him into a hug.

Warmth suddenly envelops his cold body and he suddenly bursts into tears; the elder only pats and rubs his back in return.

"It's written in the stars Yoongi, you will live."

--- ☪

AN; you thought it will all be happy moments? Unfortunately, i am a sucker for angst 😫😫😫