eight

Harper

about a week has passed since my mom and dad fought. my mom was only home for two days before leaving again for another 3 weeks which was probably for the better.

billies EP came out a couple days ago and i've been listening to it on repeat. she's performing tonight at this small venue / bar place and i've been dying to see her again. i hate to admit it and i'm never the one to chase after anyone but i need to see her in person again.

the time passes by quick and i get into an outfit i know i look in. i'm going alone but i know i'll see people there from school so i'm not worried.

if anything, there will probably be some drunk douche bags trying to get with me all night.

i finally arrive at the venue a little late as i pull out cash to get in. i walk in to hear a song i recognize from the EP called hostage.

people were singing and dancing around and i just chilled at the bar watching her on stage. she has great stage presence and made it look like she has done this thousands of times.

i knew every single to word to every song that was playing but i didn't sing with her once. i don't even think she noticed me but if she were to catch me singing i'm going to look like a soft little bitch and that is not going to happen.

"this next song is going to be my last, it's about my ex who cheated on me like a week ago and i wrote it and recorded this in one day so yeah. FUCK YOU Q!" she says sticking her middle finger in the air causing everyone to cheer.

"it's called my boy" she than says as the music starts to play.

i had a feeling this was about him when i first heard the song and turns out i was right.

"hey harper!" i hear a familiar voice say but i didn't know who.

i turn around to see it was drew. i barley even know drew and i have absolutely no idea why she's talking to me or what she wants.

"oh, hey drew" i say back turning my eyes so they are back on billie.

"why aren't you singing or dancing?" she than asks which catches me a little off guard.

"oh uh, i don't know, i don't really dig her music" i say which is a complete lie but i can't show any signs of me trying to get with billie. i don't know why i feel like i can't but i never want to be the one trying to get with someone.

"soo, you just came out here and payed for a ticket to listen to music you don't like?" she asks which made me laugh to myself a little before taking my eyes off billie and back on drew.

"her outfits are cool" i say in all honesty but not being the reason i really came.

the song ends and i'm a little disappointed drew came and interrupted me during it but nothing i can do.

"mhm" drew mumbles before billie says something into the mic.

"okay well that's it for tonight, also this over here is my big brudder finneas who helps write and produce all my music and is pretty much my best friend. so everyone clap" she says which everyone does except me of course.