twenty eight

harpers pov

please pick up.

please pick up.

please pick up.

"harper?"

"kaitlyn! hey" i reply quickly into the phone.

"what's up with you" she asks almost soothingly.

"it's complicated. like really complicated. i need to clear my mind, talk to someone about it. i know it's late but can you maybe come pick me up?" i ask a little hesitantly.

billie would kill me if she found out i was doing this.

"what!? your back in town? why didnt you next text me sooner! i'm coming right now" she says quickly as i hear the jingle of her keys in the background.

"been a little crazy" i chuckle lightly into the phone.

"can't wait to hear all about the tour and billie!" she says again causing my heart to ache.

"yeah, anyways, can you park down the street a little? can't let my mom see me leave" i say changing the subject off of billie.

"of course. text you when im there cutie" she says before ending the call.

i cringe at her calling me cutie as she knows i'm happily in a relationship with billie.

well not happily but you know what i mean.

i get up from my bed and grab one of the only few sweatshirts i had in my closet because everything else was still packed.

i than quickly braid my hair before throwing my hood up and spraying a little perfume on.

kaitlyn: here bby

harper: omw

i shove my phone into my pocket before tiptoeing down the stairs being as quite as i can.

i unlock the back door, stepping out slowly before closing it behind me.

i start to walk down the street, keeping my hood up as i see what looks like kaitlyns car in the distance.

"hey" i say with a smile getting into the passenger seat of her car.

she pulls me into a tight hug kind of taking me for surprise.

"good to see you too" i say finally breaking free of her grip.

"sorry, i just missed you" she says laughing a little.

"missed you too"

"so, where do you wanna go?" she asks as she pulls away from where she was parked.

"anywhere but here is fine" i say honestly.

"we can go back to mine? parents are both gone" she says quickly as i nod in agreement.

"yeah, sounds good" i reply turning up whatever radio song was on.

the car ride was pretty silent, consisted of kaitlyn singing whatever pop song came on and me leaning my head against the window overthinking shit.