twenty nine

billies pov

i'm woken up to the sound of my phone ringing, which is a coincidence because i always turn my phone off before i go to bed.

why the hell is kaitlyn calling me at almost 2:00 am?

"hello?" i say groggily into the phone.

"b-billie, i got i-in a accident with h-harper i'm okay but shes n-not" she says in between sobs.

my heart dropped, it felt like every bone in my body was just shattered, i felt my chest tense up, like how it does after my shows execpt this time i really couldn't breathe, or speak.

"text me the address. im on my way" i manage to choke out before hanging up and running out of my room.

i drive as fast as i can not caring about anything else in the world except harper. i just kept praying she was okay. i knew she was going to be.

i see an ambulance in the distance which i approach pretty quickly where i than see two cars. one whole right side was pretty much crushed, and the other one wasn't as bad, but still would have injured whoever was driving it.

i see kaitlyn standing on the side of the road, who was crying. a police officer had his arm around her comforting her.

i run out of my car and to the passenger seat of what i'm guessing was kaitlyns car.

there was harper, she was just laying there, her forehead was bleeding, her eyes were closed, her chest was rising but very slowly.

"hey. it's going to be okay" i whisper running my thumb over the bloody spot on her head. "come on harper"

"i love you, okay?" i say placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"ma'am i'm going to have to ask you to move" i than hear the deep voice of what i'm guessing is a paramedic.

i nod, reaching my hand into harpers pocket grabbing her phone, before gently squeezing her hand and letting the paramedics take her onto a stretcher than into the ambulance.

i couldn't go with her though, i couldn't bring myself to do it. it hurt to much to see her like that.

i got back in my car, which was pulled over on the side of the street as i watched the scene unfold.

i watched the ambulances leave.

i watched the serval cop cars leave with kaitlyn in one of them.

i watched the tow trucks get rid of the mess.

i watched the cars that drove past me, like it never happened.

i than slammed my fist into the dashboard as hard as i could, looking at my now bleeding knuckles.

i ran my hands through my hair as i felt tears start to slip out of my eyes.

i feel like it's my fault. i shouldn't have let her go home to her parents.

why didn't she text me? she knows i would have been happy to pick her up and let her stay at my place.