fifteen

billie

"listen, i really think you should just call her" zoes calm voice says over the phone.

"she can call me" i shoot back with annoyance in my tone at the whole situation.

i had no desire to talk to harper at all.

"she has been"

"tell her to do it again than" i say with a bitchy voice.

i can tell zoe was getting annoyed with me and i didn't want to make it seem like i was mad at her. i was just mad about the whole harper situation going on.

"okay, talk later bil"

"bye"

with that i throw my head back against my pillow and let out a long sigh waiting for my phone to ring.

and with that i felt my phone buzzing against my arm.

i look at the phone as it rings for a couple seconds before taking a long breath and finally answering it.

"hello" i say lowly trying my best to not sound annoyed.

"billie! hey" harpers raspy voice says back through the phone.

i would be lying if i said i didn't miss her voice.

"i heard you signed with interscope! that's amazing!" she says filling the silence.

i could tell she was genuinely happy for me which made me feel a little bad.

"ye" i reply in the best monotone voice i had.

"i wish you would have told me"

"sorry" i say ready to end the call.

"billie?"

"what's up"

"can we talk. like seriously. can i pick you up?" she asks as i contemplate what my response will be.

"i guess"

"okay cool, i'll be there in 15" she replies before hanging up the phone.

i really didn't want to see harper and i know she probably going to just be upset with me ghosting her and not telling her about me singing.

she deserves it though. i think.

i don't want her to think i was jealous of kaitlyn because i shouldn't be. i walked into me and harpers friendship knowing she's like this.

i'm not even allowed to be jealous as she's not mine. telling her that would probably just make her laugh at me.

those 15 minutes go by quickly as i hear my phone go off knowing right away it's harper.

i spray my favorite perfume on before walking out the door and seeing her car parked in front of my street.

which of course i missed a ton.