fourteen

billie

we finally arrive at this tall modern building and god i'm so nervous.

my whole family gets out of the car as we walk into the building and see a young women working at the desk.

"hello, we are here for interscope, finneas Oconnel and billie eilish" finneas says to the women as she types something onto the computer.

"yes! they are located on the fourth floor" she says back with a soft smile. "goodluck!"

we walk to the elevator as finneas messages my shoulders.

"our whole lives might be different after today" he says excitedly as our parents smile.

"we are so proud whatever happens" my dad says as we walk out of the elevator.

"hello everyone! right this way!" another young women says greeting us.

everyone seemed so nice so far so that's a good sign.

we walk into a practically all glass room where two men are sitting.

"hello!" one of them say as they both get up from their chairs to greet us.

"i'm danny and this is brandon" the taller one says motioning toward brandon.

"it is so nice to finally meet you" brandon says taking a seat around the table as we all do the same.

"i loved ocean eyes and loved your voice and decided to look you up and i thought you would be a lot bigger than you were!" brandon says which makes me smile.

"thanks" is the only thing i really know what to respond with.

"and when we found out how young you were and how you write with your older brother amazes me. we couldn't reach out to you because your not 18 and some legal stuff goes with that but i reached out to you, finneas, and he seemed like a great guy which is why we invited you guys here" danny says a warm smile on his face. he seemed really really genuine.

"we think you have great potential, you and your brother. we want to help" brandon says and i almost couldn't believe it.

"sheeeesh this shit is crazy" i say making them both laugh.

"we want you to work with us here at interscope. we work with tons of other artists i'm sure you know some being kendrick lamar, lady gaga, selena gomez, lana del rey and so on"

right when he said lanas name i was practically hooked.

"but the most important thing to us is our artists health and happiness. we are very open to our artists descions, visuals, and creative ideas. we won't make you do practically anything and most of it will all be on your own terms. if you wanna record the whole album in your brothers room like you have been doing, that's totally okay. here at interscope we like to have as little restrictions as possible when it comes to our artists"

them saying all this made me really comfortable because i know how artists get sucked into the industry and they make them do some crazy shit.

"this is all the important paper work and all that other stuff that you and your family can read over. take as much time as you want and let us know if you have any questions. also parents, because billie is not 18 yet, we have to talk some boring financial stuff" danny says as they get up and hand us the couple papers.