1. Hello Galar!

(A/N: Welcome to this new book, this time in Galar. Here are a few things I hope you will keep in mind.

1. I haven't watched a new series at all, so I have no idea how things are going in anime. I haven't played Sword & Shield either, so everything in this book comes from my head. (Except, of course, Pokemon, the names of the characters and the places they go.)

2. Ash, Serena, and Gou are about 16 years old because I think the events in this book are about 2 years away from the events in Kalos, and in that series, Ash looks about 13-14 years old.

3. Yes, I will describe their appearance if need be, but imagine the events drawn in the style of the XY series or the latest series.

4. I don't own pictures)

Hope you enjoy, let's start!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Galar. A beautiful region with plenty of Pokemon, new and old, people and much more interesting. And now our heroes are stepping into this region.

Let's turn our gaze to the airport where the flight Kanto-Galar has just landed. When the door opens, the first to step out is a boy with raven-black hair, Pikachu on his shoulder and full of enthusiasm and energy, as always.

"Hello Galar, Ash Ketchum has come to you!" the boy shouts excitedly and Pikachu on his shoulder also exclaims happily, "Pika!"

So, he's Ash Ketchum, a 16-year-old boy who has just arrived in Galar, with the goal, of course, of collecting all the gym badges and winning the Galar's Pokemon League. As a companion, he always has a faithful Pikachu who follows him everywhere and who has been his support and companion almost every day.

"Nice to announce, Ash, but you might be able to move out the front door, there are others here who want to get out," says the voice from behind Ash and Ash moves to the side in embarrassment. "Sorry, Gou," he says to another boy who has just stepped out of the plane.

The boy has blue eyes and dark, almost black, short hair, but with a hint of brown. He is wearing a gray hoodie as well as black jeans and gray sneakers and he has a brown backpack on his back. His name is Gou and he's 16-year-old too.

Ash jumps down the stairs two at a time, while Gou walks more calmly and in a normal way. When he reaches Ash, who is waiting for him with a wide smile on his face, Ash asks, "Where are we going first? Would it be..." but the growl in his stomach interrupts him.

Ash rubs his neck in embarrassment and says, "I guess it's time to have food in the first place. Are there any good places to eat at the airport?"

Gou looks at him in disbelief. "How you can be hungry again, you just ate on a plane!" he exclaims, but Ash just shrugs. "I dunno, I think this new situation that made me hungry. Come on, let's look for that place to eat," he says and goes towards the inside of the airport and Gou rolls his eyes, but go after him.

                               ****
After a while, they sit in one of the airport fast food restaurants and Ash eats his burger with satisfaction (No worries, the steak is made with a meat substitute or something like that) while Gou has only small french fries in front of him and he eats them slowly, dipping them in ketchup that Pikachu looks craving.

Ash notices Pikachu's gaze and gives him a bottle of ketchup in his backpack. "Here, buddy," he says and Pikachu starts happily eating his ketchup.

Gou looks at this and says, "It's interesting how Pikachu can love ketchup." Then he turns to Ash and asks, "Well, Ash what are the plans?"

Ash shrugs. "I'm not sure. It would probably be good to visit the professor first and then embark on a decent journey," he says and bites his burger again.