Chapter Thirty-Three

The VKS finally got to Scarlets house. They were walking down a zigzagged pathway that lead to her home. Up in the air were a bunch of bats flying around.
"Why are all these bats here?" Celia asked.
"Because this is the darkest place on the Isle of the Lost." Scarlet said.
She shrugged.
"It may even be The Isle of the Doomed." Scarlet adds.
Carlos shrieked.
Scarlet laughed, "I'm kidding." She said.
They finally got to Scarlets home.
"Why is your home made of stone?" Jay asked.
"My dads a lion, he's like that." Scarlet replied.
She opened the door and bats were sleeping on the ceiling.
"Your dad sure does love bats." Carlos said his voice shaky.
"Stop being such a wimp, they won't bother you if you don't mess with them and if you're not their target." Scarlet said.
Jay looked up and saw Evie.
"Evie!" Jay yelled.
Evies face lit up. She ran down the stone stairs and to Jay and the gang.
"You found me!" Evie said.
"Yeah, now lets go." Jay said, pulling Evies arm.
Evie stopped Jay and he turns around.
"We can't." Evie said.
"Why not?" Jay asked.
"Haven't you heard the queens orders?" A deep raspy male voice echoed.
The VKS looked around while Scarlet rolled her eyes. Scar exited a room from up stairs and started climbing down the stairs. He was in his lion form.
"Dad, go away we have bigger fish to fry." Scarlet said.
Scar laughed.
"She's hilarious isn't she?" Scar said. "I have orders from the Queen to lock all of you up."
"Laveena isn't the queen of the Isle, Uma is." Scarlet said.
"No, Laveena kicked Uma out of her place, so Laveenas our new queen."
"Well this has been a great chat, but we have to go save the real queen." Scarlet said.
Scarlet starts head out but Scar used his awesome jumping skills to jump in front of his daughter.
"You all are not going anywhere." Scar said.
Scarlet sighed.
"Is that a challenge?" Scarlet asked.
The other VKS were stunned. They could not believe that Scar was going to fight his own daughter.
"I just follow order my little kitten." Scar said.
Scarlet rolled her eyes as she turned into a lion.
"I can not believe I'm about to do this." She mumbled.
Scar charged for Scarlet and she jumped out of the way.
"Get out of here!" Scarlet yelled at the VKS.
"And leave you here fighting him?" Carlos asked.
"Not happening!" Jay adds.
"He's my father, I know his strengths and weaknesses!" Scarlet said as she swiped at Scar.
She missed and Scar laughed.
"Come on sweetheart, I thought I trained you better than this." Scar said.
"You did, I just don't want to hurt you." Scarlet said.
Scar chuckled evilly. He then charged at Scarlet. Grasping her Scar opened his mouth and bit Scarlet. Scarlet screamed in pain.
"Scarlet!" Evie yelled.
Scar then scratched Scarlet. Carlos and the gang looked around. Carlos saw something huge and sharp. It looked like a tooth, but the size of a sword? That doesn't sound right but that didn't matter, what matters now is helping Scarlet fight her father.
Carlos climbed on what looked like it was supposed to be a fireplace and grabbed the tooth. It was quite heavy and it caused Carlos to fall. He fell on his back and he let go of the tooth. The tooth fell onto the ground, which shook the whole house. Scar stops fighting.
"No!" He yells.
Rocks start to fall from the ceiling. The bats that were on the ceiling start squealing and flying around angrily. A crack formed in the floor.
"Woah!" Evie said as she hopped over to where Jay was so she wouldn't fall through the crack.
The crack spread to where Scar and Scarlet. Scar fell through the crack and Scarlet quickly turned back into a human. She caught Scar. Scar was scared now.
"Please don't let me go!" He said.
Scarlet thinks about it and smirks. If she lets him go her and her friends can go and save Mal and the others. But if she doesn't she'll develop new scars and her and the gang will be trapped.
So she lets him go.
"Noooooo!" Scar yelled as he fell.
Scarlet then stood up.
"Let's go before the house crumbles on top of us." Scarlet said, trying her best to run.
The VKS followed her. When they were out of the house Scarlet fell to her knees.
"Ah!" She groaned.
"You okay?" Evie asked.
"No." Scarlet said i extreme pain.
Throughout her seventeen years of life on the Isle she had never felt so much pain . . . ever. Evie got on her knees next to Scarlet. She looked up at Quade.
"Quade can you heal her?" Evie asked.
Quade opened his mouth to y'all but the angry bats were squealing loudly. Quade rolled his eyes and took out his cards. He flicked his wrist and Carlos picked a card. He picked a red diamond.
"These noisy bats has been disturbed and are now flyin do what you gotta do and heal this lion." Quade said.
The card started to shake in Quades hand. It was glowing a dark red and magic created a bubble around Scarlet and Scarlet yelled in pain. Evie felt bad for Scarlet. Once the bubble disappeared Scarlet started to float. Her eyes were closed and her cuts were gone. When she floated back down to the ground her eyes opened.
"Scarlet are you okay?" Evie asked.
Scarlet looked at herself and smiled.
"I feel a lot better than okay, I feel amazing!" Scarlet said.
Scarlets house then collapses. The VKS look behind them.
"What happened to your father?" Carlos asked.
"Oh don't worry about him, he's still alive." Scarlet said.
"Where did he go?" Celia asked.
"It's . . . a long story." Scarlet replies. "Now let's go save Mal and the others."