Chapter XIX

Thought week. That was the only way you could describe it. You had been doing your regular stuff around the temple, but had also been helping Zoro a lot, he was being extra on his workouts and you had to stop him once for him to rest and eat. Plus, you had started getting on some of the subjects you needed to get into for when you came back from your trip. It was exhausting, you were exhausted and still tried your best to keep up with everything.

-What's wrong? -Zoro asked. He had been meditating on the small river on the "forbidden" path, he was again on one of the big rocks while you read a book near the river, not being to close from the water

-Nothing- you said reading the disguised book about what you would teach- I couldn't sleep last night

-Missing me that much? -he said stretching as he was done meditating- if you want me to sleep with you so bad you can only say it

-Ha ha ha- you laughed sarcastically- you wish

-Are you ready? -he asked getting off the rock into the cold river not flinching a bit- for tomorrow and all of that?

-I think so...- you said, you had actually had some trouble sleeping thinking about what was to come, everything that you would be able to do, your dream to actually get out of there to see what you have been missing out your whole life was just going to start the next day- should I bring something specifically?

-Just enough to get by for 4 days- he said getting out of the river and getting his towel- and maybe something for a nice date or something

-Uuuuh, another date? - you said leaving your book, you had been waiting one of those for some time after the lasts one fiasco- what is it going to be?

-A secret- he said making you frown, you were more than interested but hated his "I have a surprise for you face", its kind of annoyed you

-I'm going to leave you here to find your own way back- you threaten him while standing and picking your book up

-You wouldn't -he said, and he was right, you would never leave him on that trail. Maybe in another one for sure, but never on that one.

You obviously guided him back, just that this time you hold his hand. You liked it this way, you could feel his warm hand and those silly butterflies all around your stomach. He followed you, and would follow you everywhere, not only because he knew he would get lost but because he knew he could trust you. As soon as the temple came to view though you both let go of each other's hand, just in case.

Your father had been around you lately, maybe too much. If not, he'll be watching you, concerned by your change of attitude. That made things difficult for you and Zoro as it was harder to get time alone, since you had eyes looking for you 24/7. It wasn't your father's fault, he was protective over you, since your mother passed away. He had made every man interested on you to leave so they couldn't take you away, but now you were the one wanting to go away and he couldn't stop you, even if it was only for some days.

-Y/N- he called you as soon as you appeared near the sight, Zoro walked away trying to pretend he wasn't with you but your father didn't even notice him. You approached him expecting him to scold you for something or to give you advise as he had been doing for the past week like "Don't talk to anyone that you or Roronoa don't know" "Don't drink" "Don't go into crowds" "Don't walk into malls they are too big" and things like that- let's walk

-Yes father- you said not wanting to say anything bad as you owed him a lot just by letting you go. He started walking with you following him.

-So... you are leaving tomorrow? -he asked, you nodded- Do you have everything you need?

-Yes... I just need to put it on my suitcase- you said he nodded silently stopping on the garden of the temple- is something wrong?

-I just wanted to give you this- he said turning to face you, he pulled out an old phone and handed it to you- you might need it... Roronoa's phone number is already there and... and Mr. Ito's if you need to- he was shaking, shaking a lot, he was scared. You didn't even take the phone but hugged him, you understood why he was acting like that and felt that remorse you had felt your whole life of leaving

-I'll be back- you said- I'm not going to leave you, I... I- it hurt to said it- I promise you

It was coming, and you knew it. And as much as it hurt, that's what you had in life. No matter how much money you would get, at some point Zoro would go away and you could not go with him. Your father, you couldn't leave him alone knowing that he was going to be like this and how much he needed you.

When you walked back you went straight to your room, Zoro saw you on your way there and you saw him but you knew it was not a good time. You really needed a break, after all you had been doing and how overwhelming was going to be. The begging of your dream meant also a countdown from when it was going to end and Zoro, liking it or not, was the timer.