01

Blood and bodies surrounded the palace. Cries and shrieks echoed in the hallway. Hatred and sadness filled the atmosphere.

10 years old Song Zu Er was crying and shaking her parents dead body.

"m-mom da-dad, " she stuttered, afraid of the sword stabbed through her mother's heart.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

10 YEARS LATER...

SONG ZU ER'S POV

"Zu er... stop playing with a sword! Give it to me! " yelled my adopted father, Li Geng Xi.

I frowned and hand him the sword.

"You know I love martial arts and I'm good at it, even the head guards said so! " I whined.

"You're a princess, you can't do these stuff. If you're a normal girl then yes, but you're not! " He explained for like the one hundred and fourteenth time.

"Ugh... I'm going to the village. " I said.

I went outside of the palace and rode my horse to the village. I hate being inside of the palace everyday. It's boring. Instead, I rather spend time with the citizen of Qing Qiu.

As I was on the way to the village, I saw the guards of Lan Dong, the capital city where the emperor lives.

"If you're a normal girl then yes "
I remembered what Uncle Li said.

Then an idea popped up in my head. What if I disguise myself as a normal girl and joined the Lan Dong guards ? Yes, this could work!

I turn around and started heading back to the palace. I decided not to go to the village anymore.
.
.
.
.
.
As soon as I arrived at the palace, I ran to my room and packed some of my 'not that eye catching' clothes. After packing, I wrote a letter to Uncle Li , telling him where I'll be heading and hid all the stuff I prepared. I plan to leave in two days.

Two days later...

I grabbed all my stuff and look at my room one more time. If I got accepted, I won't be living in this room for a while.  I smiled and walked out. I mounted my horse and say my goodbyes to the palace. With confidence, I started to rode out the palace and headed for Lan Dong.
.
.
.
.
.
LI GENG XI'S POV

"Xiu Ru... go call your sister for dinner!" I said to my daughter.

"Ok dad " she replied and headed to Zu Er's room.

I somehow felt something was wrong.
.
.
.
LI XIU RU'S POV

I walked into Zu Er's room and opened the door. The room was empty. No Zu Er, just a letter on the tea table. I took the letter and read it. As I read it, I felt sad. It hit me hard. I ran to dad.
.
.
.
.
.
.
LI GENG XI'S POV