03

ZHANG YU XI'S POV

I am walking towards the palace Hall to meet the emperor and fellow ministers. I'm scared that I'll bump into Uncle Li since he's also a minister.

I took a deep breath once I arrived at the door. The door opened, revealing a gorgeous hall. It's so breathtaking. The designs are amazing with gold as the main colouring. On the walls of the rooms are carved statues of Phoenix and dragon as a symbol of high royal status. The room is wide, so wide even. I was amazed at how the room is smelling, it's smells of lavender, my favorite. This room, it seems like nothing changed since I was a kid.

"Zhang Yu Xi bows to His imperial Majesty, emperor of Lan Dong" I said as I bow in front of the emperor.

"Arise" he said.

His voice, it's so calming. It immediately makes myself calm. It dispell all the feeling of nervousness that has been inside me. I then lift my head to see the person that I'll be serving for a long while. I guess the rumors that states him as the youngest but, wisest emperor is true. He is young, so young in fact that it surprised me. He looks my age.

"My emperor , this is the strongest out of all our troops." Said the guards to my right, who escorted me to this place

"Her ? But she's so young, and she'a girl. Have our troops quality become so bad ?" One of the minister complained.

"Yes, I don't think she is fit. What if instead of protecting our emperor, she hurt our emperor ?" Another added.

I was getting agitated from hearing those words. Why are they so harsh?Why do can't I be young ? Isn't the emperor young too ? If they're saying that they are doubting me because of my age, doesn't that mean that they're doubting the emperor too ?

"Whether she is fit or not , a test shall reveal. "

The voice was so familiar that I turned around to see who it was. And just as I expected, it was Uncle Li. I thought I was done for. But to think again, he did defend me.Doesn't that mean he's not against me ?

"Then what test is fit for her ?" A minister asked.

"Maybe she can fight the emperor himself ? " Offered the minister who started this entire conversation.

Everyone looked at the minister in shocked. Gasped and whispers were surfacing from the others ministers mouth. All except for Uncle Li. I also realized the emperor isn't happy either.

"How rude ! How can she fight our emper-" Finally one of the minister started talking but, ended up getting cut off.

"Think about it... If she can beat our emperor, it proves that she's deemed worthy right ?" The minister who offer the fight said.

This minister's voice. It's... Odd. It's like giving off a bad Aura and making me uncomfortable. Uncle Li seemed really really pissed. I know him, he's so not happy.

"Or maybe our emperor is scared of a little girl like her ?" That emperor smirked.

"MINISTER CHEN !" Yelled Uncle Li

Minister Chen ? That's his name ?

"What? Or maybe our emperor is the one who is unfit?" Minister Chen said.

All of the ministers and I mean all of them stood up in rage ? What is this ? Even, I'm mad. How can he insult people like that ?

I was just about to walk up to this minister but, I was stop by the emperor. The emperor HIMSELF stood up. As I saw that, I undo my intentions.
The emperor then walked up to me. He reached out his hand for a sword and gave one to me.

"Let's get this over with ! " The emperor said coldly.

I stole a glance at Uncle Li and Saw him nod. I then return my glance to the emperor and nod to him.

The emperor points his sword to me as I point mine at him. We walked in circle once and started attacking. Or at least, I started. I point my sword attacking at every chance I have but, the emperor, all he do is block and avoid me. I admit, his moves are very agile and quick but, just dodging will do him no good.

Then out of nowhere, he suddenly started attacking. It took me off guard . I swing his sword horizontally as I lean my back to avoid his sword. It's just that my balance was off and resulted in an unexpected position. I almost fell, almost ! But didn't because the emperor, he caught me by my waist. His hand was in the way of me and the floor. I can't look away from his deep eyes.

My guard was immediately down just like that. He then smirked and took advantage of my position. Because of my weak concentration, he was able to easily move my hand. He grabbed my hand which was holding my sword and lifted it. He placed it near the area of his chest and pushed my hand resulting in my sword stab through his chest.

"WHAT DID YOU DO ?" yelled a minister.

"Guards, seize her !" Another said.

I let go of my grip on the sword. What did this emperor just do ? Why is he hurting himself? Blood came pouring out from his wound as he pulled his sword out. Then suddenly, a bunch of guards were holding my hands.

"Let go !" I yelled, fighting back and trying to break free from the guards.

Then a minister took a sword and pointed a sword at my throat attemping to kill me.

"Put down the sword minister Fu ! " The emperor said, in his voice it was clear that he was weak.

"But my emperor-" The minister was cut of my the emperor.

"She didn't do anything. In fact, she bested me. That deemed her worthy. She was able to hurt me." The emperor said.

I looked at him. He was the one who hurt himself, not me ? Why is he doing this ? Is he trying to help me or harm me ? Is he a friend or a for ?

"Share my order. From this moment on, Zhang Yu Xi is my personal protected. She has earned the title of 女王 " said the emperor.

°✧*。~°~。*✧°

女王 , A Nickname for Zhang Yu Xi. It also means female ruler (queen).