08

WANG JUN KAI'S POV

I woke up in somewhere unfamiliar to me.  I changed my position from lying down to sitting. I wanted to see where I am. But, I couldn't. My head hurt so much. I held onto it trying to reduce the pain, but I couldn't.

Then, the incident all came back to me.  And again the pain inside me arised again. Yu Xi, why ? I trusted you ?

Then, the door opened revealing a woman. Once she saw me, she fell to her knees and  bowed down.

"Pri- Princess of Qing Qiu, Li Xiu Ru bows to his Imperial Majesty, The Emperor of Lan Dong. " She stuttered.

"Qing Qiu ? I'm in Qing Qiu ? How ? " I asked.

"Your Majesty, Zu - Zhang Yu Xi brought you here. You were poisoned by Netherthumb. " She replied.

Zhang Yu Xi ? Yu Xi brought me here ? I didn't believe it !

"Tell me ! Are you together with her to hurt me ! " I yelled , furiously.

"Hurt you ? She didn't hurt you ! She- " I cut her complaint off.

"She didn't hurt me ? She worked together with Minister Chen to poison me ! "  As I said that, It hurt my heart.

"You misunderstood ! She didn't - " She was cut off by another voice.

Deep down, I was actually anticipating for something. That Yu Xi didn't do it. And when this girl said I had misunderstood, it actually gave me hope.

"Xiu Ru ! " Minister Li yelled.

"Dad ! " Xiu Ru lowered her voice.

"Minister Li, Li Geng Xi bow to His Imperial Majesty , The Emperor of Lan Dong. My daughter has offended your Majesty. I, behalf of her, apologize to your Majesty. " He bowed.

"Stand up Minister Li ! " I said, but my focus was on his daughter.

"You say she didn't hurt me, then where is she ? " I turned to Li Xiu Ru.

LI XIU RU 'S POV

What is wrong with this man ? Why won't he believe Zu Er ? They at least spend 11 months together !

"Why won't you believe her , Your Majesty ? She has been by your side for 11 months and showed Loyalty, has she not ? " I was boiling.

"XIU RU ! " Dad scolded me.

"No dad ! They say our emperor is wise, yet he..." I barked.

"Who are you to Zhang Yu Xi to be this loyal to her ? " The emperor asked me.

"She's my - " I stopped when I realized that I almost blurted out Zu Er identity.

He scoffed, "you don't want to tell me ? She's with you , right ? You're both traitors. " He yelled.

Somehow, I couldn't talked anymore. I had no more courage.

"Your Majesty... " Dad spoke.

"Fine, if you're protecting her that much than, where is she ? " He asked.

"She's at the herbal room, the last room to your right. " Dad explained.

I looked at Dad. Zu Er said not to tell him anything. And yet, he was now headed for Zu Er. I couldn't help but blamed myself for not being able to help Zu Er.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

ZHANG YU XI'S POV

I was healing myself within a force field. Suddenly, the herbal door room opened. Since, I wasn't that deep in the healing process yet, I immediately got interupted.