02

9 MONTHS LATER...

ZHANG YU XI'S POV

" and the winner of today's practice is Yu Xi ! " said da ge.

It's been nine months and I've bond a lot with the troops. As Zhang Yu Xi, not Song Zu Er. Up untill now , no one knows about my true identity. I've learned a lot, and lived my time here as Zhang Yu Xi.

"Yu Xi , you rock ! " Said A Li , one of my seniors.

"Yeah... you bested all the seniors" said Zi Long, also my senior.

" you're the smallest, the junior in the troop. " said Xiao Mo.

"But you beat all of us ! Best of the best ! " Xiao Mei continued.

"You deserve all our respect. " said da ge.

"Thank You" I replied and smiled.

I enteted the troop last and have no juniors. All of these people are my seniors. But, they don't allow me to call them jie or ge, well except for Yi Yang Qian Xi , Da ge. We have to call him da ge since he is the head after all.

"Yu Xi... as a present for winning today's practice , I allow you to go to the village." Da ge said.

" Really ? " I ask in excitement.

Da ge nods. I jump in excitement and immediately ran to the door. I look back, da ge was shaking his head. As if he was saying 'ugh... this girl'. I just smiled and continued running, heading to the village.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey, little lady ! " a man called.

I turned around and walked towards him.

" You're from the Lan Dong guards right ? Give this to your head guard! " said the man, handing a letter.

" Okay... and you are ? " I asked

"One of the ministers" he replied

I then bowed and head back to the quarters.
.
.
.
.
.
"Da ge ! " I called

"Yes ? " he came walking to me.

" the minister gave it to me, here ! " I said, giving him the letter.

Da ge took the letter, then opened it.

"Yu Xi... gather the troops at the field !" Said da ge after reading the letter.

I nod and ran to gather the troops.
.
.
.
.
.
"Guards ! Today we got an announcement from the palace, that states an important thing ! The minister have decided to find a personal protector for the emperor. It is said that the best of the army will become the chosen one. So, we are holding a tournament to see who stands at the top. The tournament will be held the next two days. The ones who will be joining is not only our troop. All of the Lan Dong team will be joining. So I hope you give the best and don't humiliate our troop." Da ge's announcement was long !

"Yes Sir ! " we replied in sync.

"Our troop consists of 10 people and up till now there is 9 troops. Each troops consists of 9-10 guards. In total for the tournament there is 89 guards." Da ge added.

After his announcement, we all started preparing for the tournament.

2 DAYS LATER...

It's finally time, the two days of practice all came up to this. I'll be able to fight the other troop and test my skills.

"Yu Xi , get ready, you're going to fight after me, ok ? " asked da ge.

"Who am I up against ? " I asked

"Qu Ruli " he said.

" Ok " I said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Next up, we have Zhang Yu Xi against Qu Ruli !" Said the announcer.