11

THIRD PERSON'S POV

11 YEARS AGO...

Song Jiang Tong and Song Xu Er were the perfect couple. Each loving each other deeply.

Song Xu Er was the daughter of the current emperor and was due to inherit the throne in 3 weeks time.

Wang Lie Jun , a normal villager had a very close relationship with the two Songs . They treated him like a brother yet, he wants the throne to himself. Due to his ambition in power, Wang Lie Jun overthroned his friends.

He attacked the palace and killed the two songs.

" Lie Jun, why ? " Xu Er asked with anger in her tone.

"Because I want the throne. If you die, then your father will abdicate the throne to me. Even if we don't have blood ties, but your father treats like his own son. He will surely hand me the throne. " Lie Jun explained.

"But we trusted you ! Trusted you like siblings ! How could you ?! " Jiang Tong yelled.

"Are you dumb ?! I dispise you ! " Lie Jun said and pierced the sword through Song Jiang Tong's heart.

"Jiang Tong ! " Xu Er yelled as her husband fell to the her arms.

"You ! Arghhh ! " Xu Er yelled as the sword pierced her stomach.

Once he thought that his job was done, Wang Lie Jun left the two songs in pain.

Song Zu Er, the two Song's 10 year old daughter ran to her mother.

"Zu Er , run ,run away ! Go find Minister Li! Go ! " Yelled Xu Er to her precious, fragile, daughter.

"Mom, mom ! " Zu Er cried

"Go ! G-go..... " Song Xu Er's last words were spoken.

WANG JUN KAI'S POV

PRESENT TIME...

Dad killed her family. I was her enemy. No, no ! I didn't want to lose her. I wouldn't let her go. She was precious, so precious.

My body trembled with the thought. Guilt and fear surrounded me.

"Jun Kai ! " Yu Xi entered the room.

My body moved by itself to and instantly hugged her. She jumped a little but then calmed down again.

"Yu Xi, no matter what happens between us, you won't go, right ? " I asked her.

"What's wrong ? " She asked worriedly.

"Promised me, please " I whispered and hug her even tightly.

"I promise, I won't go. " She said and I let go of her.

"What's wrong ? " She asked again, this time with an even softer tone.

I pushed down my messy feelings and did my best to act normal. I couldn't tell her the truth , so all I could do was lie.

"I just had a dream that you left me. " I said.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "I'm still here, right ? "

I nod. Then I remembered something. I walked to my cabinet and took out a box. Then I handed it to Yu Xi.

"What is this ? " She asked.

"I bought it at Qing Qiu. It seemed to fit you. " I said.

She then looked at the box and opened it. Inside it, was the ring to wrist bracelet I had bought for her. I didn't know if she would like it, for she never seemed to like things like these.

"If you don't like it , - " I was cut of.

"I love it. It looks so pretty. Help me out it on ?" She asked.

I nod and she streched out her hand. She also handed me the box. I first slipped the ring to her middle finger then, clipped the bracelet.

After I let go of her hand, she looked at it and smiled widely.

"Thank You ! " She said.

"Your welcome, anyways why did you call me ? " I asked.

"Oh... I wanted to train my archery skills. " She said.

"Ok, I'll accompany you. " I said and went outside.

Once we got outside, we went to the armory to get the bow and arrow. Then, we went to the backyard.

"3 arrows for each person , the loser have to do what the winner wants. " She said.

"Why are you giving a demand so suddenly ? " I asked.

"Pleaseeeee " She whined.

I rolled my eyes and streched out my arrows.

The rule of archery were simple. Each bow that was shot meant one round. Between the players, the one who shot the closet to the bullseye won.

My first arrow landed exactly on the bullseye. Yu Xi's arrow landed on the same spot. Which meant for the first round, it was a tie.

The second round, Yu Xi won. My arrow missed the bullseye and landed next to my first arrow. If you already shot a bullseye, it would be hard to do it again. The first arrow that was on the bullseye would made it hard to land another one. But, Yu Xi actually made it. Her arrow pierced through her first arrow. How much power did it took do to that ?

The third arrow, we both hit the bullseye. Mine didn't pierce through like Yu Xi's but it still landed on the bullseye. Yu Xi on the other hand piereced through her two previous arrows.

"I won ! " She said and smirked.

"When did you learn that ? " I asked.

It was suspicious that she could hit it so beautifully. And I had never saw her train this before.

"Recently, I have been learning on how to use every single weapon. " She said proudly.

"Oh ? How did I not know ? " I asked.

"I kept it a secret. It's a surprise to you. Now, you have to listen to my one demand." She smiled proudly.

"Have you plan this all along ?" I asked.

"Maybe, " she said.

"Anyways, you agreed so you have to do it ! " She said boldly.

" You little sly fox ! Fine ." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Ok so, my demand is..... " She seemed to be thinking.

"I thought you planned this. How do you not know what you want ?" I teased.

She was putting on an act. She taught I would believed she was still thinking.
She gave me a 'hmph' face.

"Are you mad at me ? " She said.

"Mad ? Why ? Did you do something wrong ? " I asked.

"About me not telling you about my true identity. " She said.

"Oh, that ? " Yes I am mad ! " I said with a cold voice.

I wasn't mad. I was just teasing her. I knew that a princess couldn't be a fighter. So she had to hide her identity. I understood.

"Well, if you're mad then my demand is for you to not be mad. " She said.

I smiled widely.

"I was just teasing you. I'm not mad. I get it. " I said while ruffling her hair.

She then hit my shoulder. Showing that she was pissed that I lied to her.
After a while, she laughed.

"Still, my wish is for you to not be angry at me. That was my plan since the beginning. " She said.

I hugged her again. Close to my heart. I couldn't afford to lose her, I needed her so much.

Zhang Yu Xi, please don't leave me.

°✧*。~°~。*✧°

Two songs, are pointing at Song Jiang Tong and Song Xu Er. They both have the same family name which is song.