13

2 Years later...

SONG ZUER'S POV

" Zuer, can you accompany Xiuru to buy some fruits for my wife's upcoming memorial ? I know you pick the best ones! " Uncle Li said.

"Sure, I'll go with Xiuru Jie." I said and went to Xiuru Jie's room.

"Jie..." I knocked on her doors.

"Come in ! " She yelled from inside.

"Uncle Li told us to buy some fruits for your mother's upcoming memorial." I said.

"Oh yeah.... Let's go ! " She lowered her voice. I could tell she was a bit upset about her mom.

"Cheer up, I'll buy you tanghulu ! Ok ?" I said, trying to cheer her up.

(A/N , Tanghulu is one of the most famous snacks that were most commonly found in ancient china

(A/N , Tanghulu is one of the most famous snacks that were most commonly found in ancient china. It's a type of candied fruits that taste sweet)

"Ok ! " Her face immediately lit up

We then went out the palace and rode to the village to get the fruits. Once we got to the fruit market, I picked the best fruits. The fruits I choose were mostly coloured red and pink like apples and peaches because I knew Auntie Li liked the colour red and pink.

I was picking out some other fruits when Xiuru Jie asked me, "Zuer, how are you soo good at picking these ? Who taught you? "

Immediately, I was slammed by a wave of pain as I remembered who taught me how to pick fruits.

~Flashback~

"Yuxi! Why is this orange so sour ? Don't you know how to pick good fruits ?" Junkai yelled.

"I don't know, I just pick the closest ones to me. " I defended.

He then stood up and pulled my hand. He went to one of the rooms and took a set of straw hats with viels. One for me and one for him

"What are you doing ?" I asked while receiving the hat

"We're going to the city's fruit market." he said