21

ZHANG YUXI'S POV

I was walking through the corridors, headed for my room. Even though my legs were walking well, my mind was in a frenzy, I didn't know how to live this kind of life. I had asked Yina if there was any way at all to differentiate the colours but who was I kidding, there was no way.

"Will I be able to get through this without any help?" I mumbled to myself and sighed.

"Get through what?" A voice whispered to my ears as I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist.

I quickly turned around to see who it was, my body stiffened. And like I had guessed, it was Junkai. His face filled with worry as he held my hand. I blanked out for awhile before thinking of an excuse to avoid him knowing about my eyes.

"I plan to officially become your 女王 again." I said

"You are my 女王" he let go and faced me

"Well, I did retire when I ran away 2 years ago, meaning that I came here with no status. You acknowledge me as your 女王 , I know. But others don't. So I have to officially claim back my title." I explained

"I don't care about other's opinion." He said then he held my hand, leading me to my room.

"I know you don't. But I do." I said and smiled to him.

"I just don't want you to get hurt Yuxi" his grip tightened.

"I won't get hurt" I said.

"Promise me, you'll do this after you recover. Untill then, you do everything I tell you to." He said.

"En" I nodded and looked down.

I was uncertain if I would be able to live like this. But all I knew was I had to try my best to prevent Junkai from knowing. I had to get accustomed to this to not be suspicious.

Once we were at my doorfront, we stopped. To be exact, Junkai did, which made me automatically stopped as I bumped into him. I looked at him in confusement before he gave me a quick peck on my forehead, widening my eyes.

"Do you still hate me?" He asked as I registered his actions

Once I did, I returned his peck with another on his cheek as I smiled, "I never did"

His lips then curved up to a wide smile as he said a soft "thankyou"

I smiled and went inside of my room. Once I saw him left, I fell. My act broke down as I crouched down to my knees, tears streaming down my face.

This was all I could do. I couldn't do it in front of Junkai, I could only keep it inside and cried my heart out when I was alone. Because I knew, he cared for me and I was grateful for that. But I didn't want to see him in pain. I wanted to see him happy, shining like the sun.

Because I loved him

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3 DAYS LATERS...

"Yuxi, are you sure your body can take this?" Junkai asked, concern clear in his tone.

"I'm fine" I said

Junkai gave me a look but I smiled and tried to convinced him with a cold joke, "don't worry, I won't die, Junkai." to which I realized wasn't very effective.

"Zhang Yuxi, are you ready?" Uncle Li said in a formal tone as we all went to our places.

"Yes, minister Li"

He nodded before continuing "you're going to go through 3 rounds of tests. You have to pass all of them and earn 3 points to regain your status."

"Without further ado, let's begin. Your first round, is a test if luck." He pointed to a table