17

ZHANG YUXI'S POV

When we entered the tent, the generals immediately got on their feets. Some of them faces curious when the saw me, some just didn't even want to look at me, some didn't move their gaze from me. These generals were weird.

"General bows to His Imperial Majesty, Emperor of Lan Dong." They said in sync.

"Arise" Junkai said

"Your Majesty, who may I ask is this fine lady ?" One of the generals said in a seductive tone, which made me shiver.

Junkai's grip on me then tightened. Was he mad ?

"This, fine lady here is my 女王." He said sternly, pushing the 'my' part.

"Aaa, I have long heard of your glorious title. May I ask of your name ?" He said again, this time he even attempted to kiis my hand.

With my strength, I quickly yanked my hand away from his grip and to avoid problem of him thinking me as unrespectful, I quickly move my hand to a position of doing the courtsy.

"My last name is Zhang. 女王 pays respect to fellow generals." I said in a soft tone, trying to hint at him especially to just call me with my title.

But Junkai on the other hand, wasn't as composed as me as he said, " my 女王 has a higher status than any of you here. Why should she bow to you ? General Kai ?"

Oh, so his last name was Kai. I'm pretty sure I've heard of him. He was one of the 3 legendary generals. The other two were General Li and Chu. I'm assuming that they were the two other man that stood next to him. But, I've always thought that they were high and might, well mannered and reserved. Yet, one of them dare did that as such a bad first impression.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty, Lady Zhan- oh no, 女王. This general deserve to die." He said while bowing.

I looked at Junkai, seeing if he was going to do anything, but guess not. He just stood there and did nothing. Nothing ! Time will be wasted if this kept going. It already took me 1 day to get here, not to mention this dilly dally. The war wss in less than a day's time. So, I decided to put matters into my own hands since I'm am the highest ranking official in this room, after Junkai of course.

"Stand up !" I commanded.

The two other generals looked at me in shocked while their friend stood up and sighed in relief. Was I that scary ? No, it wasn't not. It was the guy beside me, yeah.

"You're generals, leader of armies. We need you on this battle. Please don't put your focus on other affairs. What will we happen if your head isn't in the game ?" I complained.

The three of them looked down in shame. It wasn't like I wanted to tell at them, but the matter at hand was really urgent. If we don't take this seriously, lives were at stake. I quickly stole a glance at Junkai trying to cue him to talk, and saw him smile for a second. But just for a second, it was as if it disappear half a milisecond it came. But hey, at least he was proud of me.

"Have you figure out the plan ?" Junkai spoke.

They immediately looked up. Within a moment, the atmosphere of the room became strict. It was as if they switched themselves for other people. I was starting to see why they had such a big reputation, not bad.

"Yes we have, Your Majesty. " General Li said.

"We will put up the ambush behind our third group of troops. We will also use the sky formation. 2.000 shoulders will attack from the enemy's territory. In order for them to blend in, we have dyed our white armours to black." General Chu said.

"For the weapons, we have 10 canon shooters and some torches to light the fire arrows. Aside from that, we have the basics such as swords and spears." General Kai said

It a well thought out plan. I guess they really do live up to their names as legends. I'm quite satisfied, but Junkai didn't seem to be so.

"So you want the 2.000 soldiers to betray their empire ?" Junkai said, disagreement clear in his tone.

I get what he meant. If the soldiers were to wear black than they would be seen as our enemy, thus betraying Lan Dong. We were going to wear white, the colours of out clothing symbolizes what we were fighting for in the war. The faces of the general were really showing what they were feeling. It was as if they were saying 'why is this Emperor so picky ?!'. But it actually wasn't a hard matter, the solution is actually quite easy.

"But your highness, we have no other choice ! If we don't camoflage them, then  the chances of them, then the chances of them losing their lives is higher. " General Li said.

"There is another way, isn't there , 女王?" Junkai looked at me.

WANG JUNKAI'S POV

I knew she had a solution. She always did at times like these.

She cleared her throat before she said "The matter his majesty state of is easy to solve. Wear white clothing with black full body armour. With full body, you wouldn't be able to see the white clothing within, making it seem like you are wearing black. It does really matter what armor you where, just the clothing inside. It symbolizes that we shouldn't judge anyone from it's cover. Who knows inside, they are someone good and pure. The arts of war page 896, section 00907, statement 03 explain this exact matter."

The generals opened their mouths in awe. She looked at me and smirked. I just rolled at her. But I must admit, her skills were indeed impressive. From what I know, she have remembered all there you can learn about military skills. The art of war, how to use every single weapon. She can say it aloud exactly like the book ! Even I can't do that ! Not being selfish but, yeah.

"Alright, so this matter is closed, right ?" She asked.

The generals nodded and she looked at me to see if she should tell them about our plan. And I nodded, she started to tell them the plan. At the end, they understood. Since we still have time, we decided to practice our sword skills.

"Yuxi, are you sure you want to do this ?" I asked her.

"This is my duty, Your Majesty " she said with a flat tone.

"Yuxi, is there no other reason ?" I asked, somewhat disappointed from her answer.

"Well,..." She turned to me, her gaze softened.

"I have to make sure you still live, Junkai.' she smiled.

Junkai ? Did she just called me Junkai ?

I gave her a smile and said, "thank you"

Then she smirked at me and said "you can only die at my hands."

Even though she threatend me, I didn't feel the slightest bit of uneasiness. Her gaze was still soft, calming me and telling me 'everything will be fine'. Then she pointed her sword at me and just like that, we practiced untill nightfall.

I liked this feeling. It felt like a piece of me was back again. A piece of me that I have missed oh so dearly. I don't want this to end. I want this to last forever. Just her and me, simple and happy, without a care in the world.

°✧*。~°~。*✧°