10

SONG ZU ER'POV

"Jie, I hate to wear puffy dress and hair like these. " I whined and pointed to the clothing Xiu Ru Jie had prepared.

It was a puffy dress with flowers embroider on it For the hair accessories, she brought a small hair chain with flowers on it, and a bunch of hairsticks , hairpins, and hair rings! There was also a bunch of cosmetic equipment.

"Come on . It's dad's birthday. Please.... " She pleaded.

"Uggh.... Fine ! But do it simple ,ok ? " I gave her a glare.

"Alright ! Now stay still ! " She commanded and I listened like a little child.

At the end, she actually listened to me. She gave me quite a simple look. For the hair, braids from each of the top tied to the middle. The hair chain holding it together in the middle. A hair stick on the right and two flowers pins on the left. My long hair was let loose with some strands clipped with a hair ring.

The dress was sleeveless so I wore a coat. For the shoes I wore the normal white shoes with flowers embroider on it. For my face, she put a thin layer of whitening powder. She also used the rougue powder for my lips. A Willow leaf style for my eyebrows and a hint of red powder in my cheeks. For accessories, I wore a pair of long flower themed earrings.

 For accessories, I wore a pair of long flower themed earrings

To be honest, I liked it. Even though, I never liked these things, I liked this style that I was in. Simple, yet elegant.. I was stunned when I saw the mirror. It was the first time I had thought of myself as beautiful.

"Wow... " I said.

"See, you like it, don't you ?" She smirked.

"I guess. " I said shyly.

"Do you want me to teach you ? " She said.

I immediately nod my head anxiously. I, myself was confused by my actions. Maybe, my subconscious wanted it.

She smirked.

"We still have about awhile till the party start. How about I guide you to do my look ? " She asked

I nodded. And she pulled me to the dressing room.

She explained how to match clothes and how to do the looks and the face. I did my best to listen and payed attention. After studying for a while, I did her face.

"What do you think ? " I asked, showing her the mirror.

She looked for a second and then her jaw dropped. Did she not like it ?

"What's wrong Jie ? Don't you like it ? " I asked with some fear in my tone.

"Are you sure, you've never learned this before ? It looks gorgeous ! " She smiled widely at me.

Once I saw her smile, I immediately relaxed, like a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. But then, I also felt sadness inside me, slowing engulfing me.