22

ZHANG YUXI'S POV

"Zhang Yuxi, your answer is incorrect. Jade plants have pink and white flowers. The ones you choose had purple." Uncle Li announced.

Pang

My heart drowned in misery. Purple and pink, what a slight difference. I was so close. A sigh of defeat escaped my mouth, guess luck wasn't on my side this time. But that was it, I failed. This entire event needed me to win all three rounds. And I lost this one, my title was still gone.

"I'm sorry your majesty. I failed to regain the title you gave." My head hung low, I didn't dare to meet his eyes.

"Zhang Yuxi... " He called

Slowly, I mustered up some courage and lifted my head to see a slight smile in his face. But it sure wasn't a happy one. Was he mad? Or not then?

"Yuxi, you did lose this round. You didn't earn the point for this but you still managed to earn your title back." He said and a look of confusement found it's way to my face

"You earned an extra point in the first round, so in total you still have 3 points. You still succeed even though it wasn't a full mark result." Uncle Li explained.

Right, I still had that mark, how could I forgot? Happiness bloomed as I registered the fact that I availed. I was 女王 again. Sure this was just an excuse at first, but it wasn't unimportant. It was nice to know that I earned the recognition I had.

"With this, I announce Zhang Yuxi as 女王" Junkai said and walked away blankly.

He was mad

And so I ran over to him. But his long legs weren't something to be messed with. It still took sometime for me to get to him. When I did, I realize he was constantly averting his gaze from me and that was when I knew, he was very unpleased with how I did.

WANG JUNKAI'S POV

"Junkai," Yuxi had stopped.

She was walking side by side with me before but then stopped as she called my name. I ignored it and walked further, guessing that she would catch up soon but I was wrong. After a amount of time, I turned around to see that she was still there.

I sighed before I signalled her to come to me by tilting my head slightly. She smile bright as she ran over to me. That smile somehow made all my dissatisfiction melt away. She was still that only girl who could have that effect on me. She was still my Yuxi.

"Junkai, I'm sorry" she apologized as soon as she got to me

"Yuxi, what's wrong with you?" I asked.

How could she not answer that correctly? She knew clearly what the answer was, didn't she? I looked into her eyes for a while and saw some tears. Then she quickly avoided my gaze.

"Yuxi..." I held her hand tightly

She smile bitterly as she tried to pull away, "I'm fine"

No you're not

"I- Junkai please trust that I'm fine. I'm just down that I couldn't get that right" She looked into my eyes confidently before walking away.

Somehow, I felt something was off. I didn't want to suspect her but it was hard not to. Her eyes, it was crystalizing, wet in tears. Yuxi won't cry over such a thing.

But the most importantly thing was, it was somehow dark, lonely, it was hard to describe the feeling but I could see pain. It was scared and it made my heart clenched.

I decided to ask the palace doctress instead of Yuxi because knowing Yuxi, she will definitely never tell me. I went straight to the herbal room knowing that the palace doctress would be there. And just as I suspected, Xu Yina was there, sorting the medicine rack.