18

ZHANG YUXI'S POV

Dusk Valley. The battlefield, a peaceful valley which will soon be filled by blood. I sat on my horse next to Junkai. Behind us, 100 million soldiers were standing strong. White filled out area. On the other side, Wang Yuan's area was dressed in black. With Wang Yuan and Wu Li leading them, the Luo Tian army really looked dangerous and dark.

I looked at Junkai as he looked back at me. He gave me a reasurring smile and nodded. He then descended his horse with me behind him. As we walked to Wang Yuan's area, he smirked and did the same as Junkai. The only difference was that he walked with Wu Li behind him instead of me.

When we gathered in the center, the aura that was emited was terrifying. 4 sets of eyes looking at each other, sending death glares. We just kept silent untill Wang Yuan started to talk.

"So ge, what do you want ? I'm eager to kill you right here, right now. I see you brought your fiesty one. A wonderful sight, it seems like you two got back together." He teased.

"Cut the crap talk, let's talk about serious matters, can we ? Emperor Wang Yuan " I said, pushing the last part as I shot him a glare while walking towards him.

"Still as feisty as ever, I see... Fine, what do you want ?" Wu Li pulled me back to my spot.

"Wang Yuan, you may have no lives that you care about, but I do !" Junkai said in a pleading tone, he still cared about his brother.

"So ?" Wang Yuan just ignore Junkai's plead and answered in a harsh way.

"We're giving you an offer !" My voice became louder due to my pissed self.

"Oh ? An offer ?" Wuli asked.

"Me and Junkai, against you and Wang Yuan. No need for the soldiers to risk their lives." I said to Wuli.

She seemed interested as she looked at Wang Yuan with pleading eyes and said, "Yuan... This is what I wanted."

So, she also wanted to save as much as lives as possible ? Huh, she did have that tiny bit of a good heart after all. I look at Wang Yuan, he seemed to be thinking. After a while, he smirked.

"I'll take your offer, if..." He paused.

"If what ?" Ugghhh!

"If you 女王 here, fights the both of us without you." He said.

"N-" Junkai was about to refute,but

"Agreed !" I was quicker.

"Yuxi !" He held me.

I ignored him and asked "when ?" to Wang Yuan.

"Tonight, right here !" He said and walked away.

"YUXI !" Junkai yelled at me.

I just shot him a glance and headed back.

"Did it work, 女王 ?" General Li asked me as soon as I came back.

I nod and said, "dismiss the troops !"

"Yes 女王" he then did his duty.

I knew Junkai was right behind me. I knew he didn't accept this. But, what could I have done ? I had to do it. I decided not to talk to him and just walked back to the tent. Once I entered the tent, I stood. I waited for him to talk but he didn't say anything. Since my back was facing him, I turned around. But to my surprise,

"Junka-" I was stopped.

By what you ask ? By a certain something touching me. Something soft and smooth. Something that gave me warmth. Something that tasted sweet and smelled nice. Something that left me craving for me. That something was his lips, his kissed.

He KISSED me.

I stood there, locked by him. His right hand behind my head and his left around my waist. His grip pulled me closer to him. He smelled nice, like peppermint leaves. When he lossened his grip a bit, he pulled away. He looked at me with the same position and knock his forehead on mine.

"What will I do if I lose you ?" His voice was so soft, almost as if he was crying.

I was shocked. I've never seen this side of him. The usual him was always standing strong and looked powerful. But the him in front of me right then and there was so different. He looked so fragile like he was about to break anytime soon. My heart ached a lot when I saw him like that.

I couldn't help but to hug him again. My grip as strong as I could like I never wanted to let go. I really didn't want to part with him anymore. Then, I could felt my shoulders getting wet. Was he crying ? I broke the hug to see that tears were indeed falling from his precious pair of eyes. I touched his cheek while slowly wiping his tears away.

"Junkai, how are you so sure that you'll lose me ?" I asked in a soft tone.

"I'll be fine. You've trained me well, didn't you?" I continued trying to comfort him.

"But Yuxi..." He stopped.

"I promise you to come back, I promise I will ! Junkai, I swear !" I said, determined.

"Now what we need to do is train !" I held his hand.

Then I pulled him to the training ground. Since he seemed unsure yet, I just thrusted my sword against him. With his quick reflexes, he dogded it. Not waiting, I kept attacking so he didn't have time to argue with me. After a while of just dodging, he finally gave in and attacked me. We kept fighting and training untill nightfall.

WANG JUNKAI'S POV

"Huft... Huft...." I was gasping for air.

My hands on my knees. I was tired, I've never been this tired in a fight before. Her level was beyond mine now. How much did she trained to become this powerful ? I looked at her. Her sword pointing at me like she still wanted to train. Even though she looked tired due to her heavy breathing, she still stood straightly and firmly in her spot. She really has grown a lot.

"Are you okay ?" She asked.

"Yeah, again !" I said while standing up and pointed my sword at her.

She just shook her head and pointed to sky, "it's night already. I have to go."

Oh yeah... I forgot. Must she go ? I walked towards her and engulfed her in a big heart. Deep inside my heart, I doubt that she accepted me. All the things like hugging or kissing that we have done just now was all because I started it. And she never gave any reaction to them. I was pretty sure she viewed me as her friend. Well, at least I wasn't her enemy.

"Yuxi, please return safely." I rested my chin on her head, and again she didn't have me any reaction.

She then broke the hug and nodded. I escorted her to her horse and helped her ride it even though she could do it with her eyes closed. I wanted to look at her longer before she left.

"Yuxi, what do you view me as ?" I asked.

She stayed silent before saying " I've never once viewed you as my enemy Junkai. I was just confused."

"Then, as a friend ?"

"No," she shook her head.

No? Then what was I to her ?

Then she leaned down to give me a peck on the lips. It was short but enough to put me in a daze. She acted first this time.

After I regained my senses, she said "you're special" before leaving off.

°✧*。~°~。*✧°