04

ZHANG YU XI'S POV

I was with Uncle Like at the palace garden. I explained to him what happened.

"So, that means he helped you ?" He asked me.

"I don't know, why would he helped me ?" I asked him back.

"As I know the emperor is cold towards people, but he helped you ? Even though I'm close with him, I have never seen him help someone. " He explained, trying to figure things out.

"What should I do ?" I looked at Uncle Li.

"I'm not certain but, just be careful." He advised me.

"Yeah I will. Anyways, keep my identity a secret, ok ? " I said.

Suddenly a maid came up to me.

"女王, the emperor asks of you." She said.

I shoot Uncle Li a look and saw him nod.

"Ok." I said.

"This way please. "She led the way.

I followed her to a room. Somehow, in my heart, I felt something's up. So, I became extremely cautious. I checked the surroundings to get myself accustomed to this place. Because I was looking around, I didn't realize she stopped. So, I bumped into her.
Then she just pushed me into a room and close the doors at me.

Eh ?

My mind became blank for a moment. But the next moment, I realized that my guts was right, something's definitely up.

"Hey ! " I yelled as I hit the door.

"Ms.Zhang, please take a seat. " I heard a voice.

I turned around to see that jerk minister sipping his tea in his glass cup.

"Minister Chen, kidnapping is a crime." I said in an insulting tone.

CLANK !

The voice of glass shattering was heard as he throwed his cup.

"GET HER !" He said in a devilish tone.

Them a bunch of mens came to me with swords in their hands. Two of the men held my arms. Their grips was strong, but not strong enough. I was able to get free. The second I got free, I headed for the window, since the door was locked. When I was about to run, I felt a sudden pain of someone kicking my back, resulting in me falling on the ground.

"Tsk, tsk ,tsk.. Zhang Yu Xi ! " Minister Chen stepped on my back.

He was smart. He shifted his body weight to his leg that was stepping on me, making it terribly heavy for me. I tried to get free by moving my body and fighting back. It was exhausting as my breath slowly felt heavy.

"You shouldn't fight. What if you get hurt ! It would be a pity for this pretty face of yours. " He said to me ears.

He then changed his position from stepping me to pulling my hair. He stood up, making me have to stand up too. If you thought that this would hurt less, then no, it hurt ways more ! To a woman, her hair is treasure.

"ARGHH ! " I winced in pain.

A man them held my arms as another kicked my knees, attempting to make me bow. But no ,I will never bow to him. Never. I strengthen my legs as they keep kicking it. Over and over again, until they eventually gave up.y condition right now is not that good. My legs ache a lot making it so hard for me to stand up straight.

"You are a treasure aren't t you ? You know, you're the first one to withstand this. " He smirked.

"What do you want ?! " My anger is boiling.

"What I want ? What I want is you to be my people. " He said.

I shoot him a 'are you crazy ?!' face. Is he crazy ?! Be his people ?!

He then continued "You shouldn't be with the emperor. He has a lot of enemies. This is just a pebble of what you'll get following him ! Wouldn't it be better if you just follow me ? Be a spy for me and we'll overthrown him together ! AND WHEN I BECOME THE RULER OF THIS KINGDOM, I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT ! MUAHAHAHAHA ! " He was talking like a lunatic !

He then looked at me, signaling me to give my opinion.

I gave him a fake smile then said " How about a NO ! " Yelling at the word no .

"Oh.. you're a feisty one aren't you ? Fine, if I can't get you , No one can ! " He said.

Then a group of men came charging towards me with swords in their hands. One by one they charged at me, striking their swords at me. Luckily, I managed to grab one of the me hand and stole his sword. I smirk as I started attacking with the sword in my hand. I don't want to kill yet so, I just focused on getting out of here. And finally, I saw a gap and jumped out the window.

(A/N the windows before are made of paper so, it's easy to break)

My body ached while doing that move. Sure, the window broke but it still cause me a lot of pain. Not to mention my legs are also injured.

"Zhang Yu Xi ! Come back here !" I could here that minister yelling at me from the inside. So, I could only focus at getting away. I didn't recognize the place so, all I could do was to run as fast as I can hoping to get away. The group of men is still chasing me like a cats chasing rats.

Then out of nowhere, someone came out in front of me. Meeting me at the intersection. I panicked because I thought it was another one of Minister Chen's men. But turns out, nope. It's...

The Emperor

"Emp-emperor " I stuttered.

The Emperor then looked at me and then the men behind me.

"I- " I stopped talking because darkness fell over me.

I lost conscious because of the emperor hitting my neck, right on my acupoint.

°✧*。~°~。*✧°